Senior IT Cloud Web Application Developer (Remote)
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Senior IT Cloud Application Developer is responsible for designing and developing web applications that support strategic business processes. The developer partners with business liaisons to understand the elicited software requirements to ensure that the operations of the application are created and maintained in a consistent, logical, error-free, and optimal manner.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Partner with business liaisons to define functional, and design requirements for enhanced end-user experience for web applications.
- Design user interfaces by using conceptual design techniques such as creating visual mockups, prototypes, and diagrams
- Enhance, maintain, and troubleshoot web applications and their integrations
- Improve the user-experience by applying best practices and industry trends currently in the marketplace.
- Adheres to best practice cloud architecture and development standards.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to improve user satisfaction.
- Provide on call support for run-time issues for web applications.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent experience is required.
- 7-8 plus year web development.
- 2 Year minimum cloud-based development, preferably using Azure.
- Programming experience in C#, .NET, Angular
- Experience working in Agile Scrum software development model.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment to meet aggressive goals and high-quality standards.
- Strong communication skills.
- Must be team focused, excellent communicator and collaborative demonstrated experience working with cross functional teams.
- Ability to travel (20% expectation).
- Exposure to Manufacturing and/or eCommerce business domains.
- Exposure to JIRA and Bitbucket tools.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Work is generally conducted in an office environment.
- Regularly required to move about an office and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to communicate orally.
- Ability to operate office equipment.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- May require travel to project sites.
- Work may require lifting to 35 lbs.
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required in certain situations.
- Employee must comply with all local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions.
- Office: Florescent lighting, dust, recycled air, cooling fans, semi-enclosed areas, central heating, seasonal warmer temperatures and office noise
- Shop: In locations with a factory or shop floor, exposure to factory/shop and machinery.
- Standard for salaried employees with ability to manage some variation in work demands day to day and month to month.
- Travel requirement: 20%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $100,000 to $125,000 plus bonus. At Xylem, it is not typical for an individual to start at the top end of the range for the role however compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. We offer a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.