Regional Sales Manager - Western Region
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire an Account Development Manager responsible for direct and distribution channel sales of company products and/or services in Colorado and neighboring states. The ADM handles account management, new sales to existing customers and new business development to prospective customers. Provides technical and administrative product information, is responsible for product presentations, manages the distribution channel and is responsible for all pricing and quotations.
The person selected will be accountable for meeting company growth objectives by developing new business opportunities with existing customers as well as developing new business with new customers within the established geographic area and will be ultimately responsible for maximizing annual revenue/profits, developing and implementing sales strategies. The role includes taking a leadership role over multiple distributors including the coordination of sales efforts and acting as the primary focal point for various 3rd party channel partners to include consultants, performance contractors, engineering firms, etc.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Ability to understand the technical aspects of water measurement including electronic instrumentation and AMI networks.
- Ability to operate Microsoft Windows applications and manage daily activity through Sales Force. com.
- Understanding and ability to execute strategic selling including top to bottom territory management, targeting, executing sales strategy and regular reporting of activity
- Detailed knowledge of municipal markets, the field of water oriented devices and customers
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- Availability for regular overnight travel.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience with products that are considered technical or complex.
- Sales experience in municipal, contractor or distribution markets a plus, especially with metering and AMI products.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Business Administration or Marketing required. A BS in an engineering field or equivalent is a plus.
- Must be located in the territory.
Salary Range $70,000 - $100,000 plus incentives based on a full-time schedule (Colorado Only)
Please note that the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon a candidate’s experience and qualifications, as well as internal equity, market and business considerations. Employees may be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus in addition to base pay.
We offer a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, and more.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Must be able to travel up to 50%.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law