Continuous Improvement, Lean Practitioner
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots.
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative, and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved, and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration, and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
As a core member of the Business Unit Leadership Team, this person will execute the Continuous Improvement strategy to strengthen continuous improvement culture and lead defined training while supporting the implementation of the Xylem Production System. This high energy person should enjoy hands on lean implementation and hands on development & coaching of others to implement lean. This positive thinking individual should be a strong team player with highly developed communication and presentation skills. This position reports to the Business Unit CI Leader.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Support the Business Unit to develop and drive lean thinking, lean capability, and lean implementation globally.
- Refine the continuous improvement training material.
- Act as a technical expert, coach, mentor and train Black Belts, Green Belts, Lean / CI Leaders, and team members
- Develop lean best practices and proliferate to common processes globally through Xylem Production System
- Standardize lean implementations and best practices to support learning, sustainability, and proliferation.
- Determine best options to apply lean thinking and lean tools to drive improved learning and sustainable results
- Mentor employees to realize benefits from all CI initiatives and act as a change agent to the Corporate Functions.
- Identify opportunities for CI projects via CI events (Kaizen event, Value stream mapping, idea generation, etc.) and prioritize improvement opportunities with the management teams
- Lead key strategic projects requiring significant transformation
- Work/share good practice with other CI leaders
- Act as a mentor for the management teams, supervisory staff, and front-line personnel.
- Participate in developing and influencing strategy, planning, and execution depending on project or initiative needs.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- 10-15+ years’ business experience in global/international company
- Subject matter expert for continuous improvement tools and method. In problem solving using Six Sigma or Toyota 8 Step Process. Deep understanding in project management preferred.
- Six Sigma Black Belt required, or Master Black Belt preferred
- Ability to drive hands on implementation of Lean Thinking, Lean Tools and Kaizen events to drive Lean improvements in the business
- Hands on experience teaching and coaching others to implement Lean Thinking and Lean Tools in operations and supply chain groups such as Planning, Fulfillment/Warehousing and Procurement
- Proficiency in CI transformation for transactional processes and Commercial area
- Demonstrated success in leading significant change in large organization
- Ability to drive hands on execution in the business and strategic thinking with top leaders
- Ability to manage and support multiple people and teams across multiple large size projects in different locations
- Ability to apply Lean Thinking and Lean Tools in high volume or low volume operations.
- Proven skills working with cross-functional teams.
- Broad business knowledge and ability to link customer needs with business processes.
- Excellent overall business acumen and organizational savvy
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Propensity for identifying issues proactively, making decision with incomplete information, and ability to manage ambiguity
- Ability to simplify and clarify complex and ambiguous problems
- Excellent project management skills
- Analytical and process thinking
- Passion for continuous improvement and change management
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills. The ability to drive change
- Strong teaching and presentation skills required
- Strong Coaching and Facilitation skills
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Florescent lighting, dust, recycled air, cooling fans, semi-enclosed areas, central heating, seasonal warmer temperatures, and office noise
- Shop: In locations with a factory or shop floor, exposure to factory/shop and machinery.
- Standard weekly job hours:
- To be defined based on office location
- Travel requirement: 25-50% depending on location
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.