Senior Cloud Engineer - DevOps
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
Sensus, a Xylem brand, helps a wide range of public service providers – from utilities to cities to industrial complexes and campuses – do more with their infrastructure to improve quality of life in their communities. We enable our customers to reach farther through the application of technology and data-driven insights that deliver efficiency and responsiveness. We partner with them to anticipate and respond to evolving business needs with innovation in sensing and communications technologies, data analytics and services. Learn more at sensus.com and follow @SensusGlobal on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Senior Cloud Engineer with a desire to join the team delivering user experiences for Big Data applications in the Cloud. We’re focused on helping utility companies visualize and make use of the reams of data coming in from their smart meters so they can lower costs and reduce consumption. This is a market poised for explosive growth and this team is ready to take advantage of it.
We’re looking for people who have a passion for writing great deployment and configuration management code, developing servers, and working with big data. You should enjoy working with bleeding-edge technology, not be afraid to take a different approach to solving technical problems, and be able to change directions quickly as the business environment moves. If this sounds interesting, and you like working in a start-up environment, then we want to talk with you!
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Participate in the design and development process from definition to deployment.
- Plan, Architect, Deploy and Manage our Cloud infrastructure and applications
- Work with software architects to design applications that run efficiently on the Cloud
- Bring to the job an excitement and work ethic on par for a startup technology firm.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- 3+ years’ work experience working on cloud deployments
- Previous Experience in designing, managing and provisioning cloud solution infrastructure
- 2+ years’ experience with Amazon Web Service (AWS)
- Experience with high availability applications in the Cloud
- Experience working the Micro services infrastructure on Cloud
- Agile methodology, or similar lean startup approach to building software preferred
- DevOps experience
- Kubernetes or Docker a plus
- Some coding experience is a plus in any language, Python, Ruby, Shell
- Experience with automation frameworks like Ansible, salt, puppet preferred
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
EOE including disability and veteran