Senior Executive – Finance & Company Secretary
POSITION DATA SPECIFICATION
Senior Executive – Finance & Company secretary
Sr. Manager – Finance / Dy. Manager Finance
Part 1. Describe the Position
(1) Job Purpose:
This position is part of the Financial Reporting & Accounting team with key deliverables being to support the Sr. Manager – Finance in the cycle of Record to Report i.e., monthly book close, compliance, internal controls, audits and Statutory Compliance as per Companies Acts.
(2) Goals and Objectives: Several bullet points for setting performance objectives.
A) List the essential functions and major activities in order of their importance.
Part 2.Describe the Person
A)Minimum professional and educational background desired (include years of experience).
(1) Key technical skills and knowledge.
- CA & CS with 2-3 years of experience in the fields of corporate accounting, specifically in the areas of audit, finalization of accounts, internal controls and filling various form with ROC (CS membership mandatory)
- Should have natural interest in the field of accounting and audit
- Should be very strong in accounting standards and latest developments in the field of accounting & audit
- Handling projects accounting would be an added advantage
- Very good at MS-excel and ability to work on ERP environment
- Analytical skills required to understand the issues while scrutinizing ledgers
B) Describe the most important Leadership competencies required of the individual. (5-8 competencies are mandatory competencies)
- Drive towards meeting internal and statutory timelines for various reporting requirements
- Should be a strong advocate of controllership compliance and proven track record in these areas
- Very good communication skills and ability to influence others who don’t report into him/her
- Ability to communicate with the HQ reporting team or Controlling team on various technical matters
- Adaptability to work for long hours during closing/audits and extraneous situations
- Continuous improvement mindset that is mandatory to review the processes on an ongoing basis and challenge the status-quo
This role is to support the Financial Reporting & Accounting area on various accounting & compliance matters; very demanding and voluminous but will be very rewarding if Xylem India scores high on reporting quality, timeliness and controllership compliance.