Senior Solutions Architect
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
Sensus, a Xylem brand, helps a wide range of public service providers – from utilities to cities to industrial complexes and campuses – do more with their infrastructure to improve quality of life in their communities. We enable our customers to reach farther through the application of technology and data-driven insights that deliver efficiency and responsiveness. We partner with them to anticipate and respond to evolving business needs with innovation in sensing and communications technologies, data analytics and services. Learn more at sensus.com and follow @SensusGlobal on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
The Role: The Senior Solutions Architect will report to the Chief Solutions Architect. This career opportunity is best suited to the person that thrives on new challenges and has extensive experience to integrating technology into working solutions for customers.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Effectively communicate with several aspects of the organization (Engineering, Marketing, PMO) to drive definition of clear, concise design requirements
- Collaborate with an experienced SmartGrid Engineering team to assess current customer network architectures and propose solutions
- Support Smart Grid communication Solutions as Senior Systems Architect
- Leverage diverse skill sets in Network Application Software and Analytics, Radio Frequency Engineering, Basestations and SmartEndpoints.
- Communication Protocols (DLMS-COSEM, Wireless MBus)
- Smart Energy protocols (802.15.4g based)
- IP based protocols
- Real time systems
- High Availability Systems
- Security Protocols (AES-256 and ECC-256)
- Work with local teams and apply specific experience to building smart grid communications solutions for gas, water and electric customers. This will include, but not be limited to supporting pre-sales activities globally.
- Assist/lead in the development of technical work products for future global solution offering enhancements to be used for pre-sales and delivery efforts
- Provide project delivery technical oversight for customers.
- Participate in industry standards development focused on Smart Energy and Communication Collaborate with and lead customers on smart grid architectures and solutions.
- Collaborate with Engineering teams on proof of concept projects Protocols all the way through to complete network solutions projects.
- Participation in industry standards focused on Smart Energy, and Communication protocols
- Collaborate with Engineering teams on proof of concepts through to complete network solutions products
- Collaborate with lead customers on smart grid architectures and solutions
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Masters preferred.
- At least 8 years experience in consulting or infrastructural architecture development of communications solutions for Utilities
- At least 10 years experience in communications infrastructure implementation from strategy
- Experience in:
- performing network or wireless infrastructure assessments
- using consulting methodologies
- architecting conceptual, specified and detailed infrastructure models
- using modeling techniques
- with communication, IP, SmartEnergy protocols
- with real-time and high availability systems
- leading technical solution integration for customers
- Working knowledge of Security protocols and algorithms (ex. AES-256 and ECC-256)
- Sensus is a company in high-growth mode. People who will fit into this environment are flexible, hard-working, snappy smart, and curious. Ideal candidates will bring good customer interfacing skills, the ability to see network designs from conception to completion, and a desire to be part of something new.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: 25%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.