Vertical Market Manager Mining Latin America to be located in any country of the region
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Serve as a market segment expert, understanding both the broad landscape of the market as well as the granularities of it, including the key players, competitive threats, and levers for success.
- Drive customer intimacy and brand value by defining and segmenting needs, pain points, buying behaviors, and preferences. Design strategies that generate demand and drive growth through customer acquisition, retention, and win-back.
- Identify strategic growth areas for the market in coordination with the Sales Manager based on a number of factors such as market attractiveness, Xylem’s ability to win, local competitive and market intelligence
- Develop and drive specific actions to drive growth in the strategic areas identified covering lead generation, channel expansion, synergy selling, marketing campaigns, etc.
- Nurture prospective customers and drive them to qualified sales leads in order to grow funnel with sales opportunities across the region.
- Works closely with Product Specialist Team, growth centers and sales force to develop and pilot alternative business model based on gain shared and best technology/market price ratio.
- Champions the full Xylem portfolio, including new products, and educate sales force and customer on Xylem’s value for all Mining segments and applications.
- Develop close relationship with specific strategic customers and ensure that they are visited regularly and receive proper support from local Sales and Service teams.
- Achieves assigned growth target, develops vertical forecast and identifies gaps/countermeasures by maintaining regular meeting with sales managers and regional vertical sales managers
- Champions adoption of CRM system and other Xylem internal sales platform with local sales teams and used CRM for lead and funnel management.
- Drives the ideation and execution of new partnerships and alliances with customers, channel partners, associations and other value chain partners to drive marketing and sales outcomes
- Support sales teams with the right strategy over the vertical market, special product selections, customized solutions and new product launches.
- Sources and interprets multiple data points – both qualitative and quantitative, and from internal and external sources – into insights that lead to profitable business actions.
- Proactively seeks out, synthesizes, and distributes strategic insights from customers, competitors, and the overall market trends.
- Produce a robust multi-year “Market Map” based on identification of under-served customer markets, monitoring of industry trends and high-growth, attractive market/technology drivers.
- Regularly gathers and analyzes business, market and competitor information and supports the development of the strategic marketing plan.
- Leads Voice of Customer programs to solve strategic growth questions for the business and sense for latent customer needs.
(Job Function specific; simplified list with link to full description by Career Stage in MyHR.)
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Cross-boundary collaboration
- Inspiring accountability
- Analysis and synthesis
- Customer and market analysis
- Influence and persuasion
- Market strategy and planning
- Sales enablement
- Ability to interact with customers and salesmen at all levels
- Influencing leadership style
- Strong communicator and negotiator
- Self-driven and results oriented
- Lead with integrity and teamwork
The Vertical Market Manager role is ideal for somebody who has excellent networking skills and enjoys doing it. The role entails frequent communication with both internal and external stakeholders.
- External: customers, channel partners, associations, consultants, business partners.
- Internal: Field Marketing; Product Specialist team; Sales Manager; Managing directors, sales force, application engineers, service managers, finance.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Commercialization, or Engineering; MBA or equivalent graduate degree experience preferred
- 5+ years of experience in sales, or business development in mining sector, with 3+ years of experience in the areas mining water process
- Deep knowledge in the different mining processes, copper, gold, iron, and lithium among others
- Commercial Excellence Mindset
- CRM user
- Fluent in English
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
Additional preferences for a specific position.
- 3-5 years proven experience in business development or sales role