Junior Communications Manager
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) A leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #solvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
Junior Communications Manager
We are looking to strengthen our team with a colleague who has a true passion for internal communication, employee engagement and culture building. You are driven, professional and efficient with an ability to get things done. You are a team player with a positive attitude and a creative mindset.
In this role you will collaborate closely with the Internal Communications Manager on tactical implementation for two large business units, Water Infrastructure (WI) and Europe Commercial Team (CT), to gather needs and use the best approach to engage internal target groups.
This is a newly defined position and you will set the footprint to further develop this role. You are a key player to create and deliver communications that advance our business objectives while driving employee awareness, engagement, and success for 6,000 colleagues across a number of regions.
- Develop and manage internal communications campaigns as needed with a strong focus on content management.
- Lead and deliver an internal messaging plan on culture shift topics such as organizational changes, rewards & recognition, accountability, continuous improvement, safety, compliance, diversity, inclusion, and other topics.
- Manage timing of communications across business areas as well as calendar of internal events, such as webcasts, weekly sales wins, and intranet portal updates
- Establish an internal communications strategy in conjunction with the internal communications manager and senior stakeholders
- Measurably drive increased employee engagement through integrated communications that connect everyone to our mission, values, and strategy.
- Transform content provided by subject matter experts into user-friendly and audience-appropriate material.
- Establish a coordinated rhythm of messages and consistent leadership voice to educate, motivate and engage employees, set expectations, and drive performance.
- Provide messaging, writing, and presentation support as well as communications counsel and support to people managers.
Background and qualifications
- Academic degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or related field
- 3 years of experience or more in communications
- Experience at an industrial/manufacturing company is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to find creative, effective approaches for meeting communications goals and engaging employees
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to produce clear, compelling, and motivating content.
- Ability to write quickly and to distill complex concepts into key messages in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of current communications best practices, technologies and trends, and experience managing digital and online internal communications channels.
- Strong organizational and relationship-building skills
- Ability to prioritize workflow and work independently with minimal direction
- Superior project management, time management skills, and attention to detail
- Must quickly learn to adapt writing to different voices and styles
- Resourceful in gathering information from across the organization
- Ability to collaborate, influence, and work effectively across a large, global matrixed organization.
- Ability to communicate to both our white and blue collar employees about our daily work in a convincing and engaging way.
- Outstanding spoken and written communications and presentation skills in English are essential.
We offer you more than just “a job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration, and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects. For more information on Watermark, check out: www.xylemwatermark.com
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
We look forward to receiving your application in English. Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process if we find the right candidate.
We only accept applicants through careers.xyleminc.com.
If you are interested in this position and would like to know more, please contact Leila Sayyad, Corporate Recruiter, [email protected].
We look forward to hearing from you!