Global Process Owner, Record to Report
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions.
For more information on how Xylem can help you, go to www.xylem.com
The Role: The Global Process Owner for Record to Report (GPO R2R) reports to the GBS Senior Director of Finance, and is responsible for ensuring the quality and continuity of services as delivered to the internal customer base and broader business. This position will own the end-to-end operational relationship between Global Business Services (GBS) and the F&A Outsourced service provider (SP) teams, overseeing all R2R activities and ensuring that all stakeholders receive a high level of service and support in accordance with agreed upon Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Plan, direct, and coordinate the operational aspects of RTR processes with Xylem’s SP and build a highly collaborative relationship on behalf of GBS with its internal business internal partners (Controllers Office, Accounting, Financial Reporting, Tax, Treasury, etc.),
- Manage and develop a global team, driving all R2R activities for corporate and all lines of business integrated into the GBS delivery model
- Drive the implementation of the governance processes as outlined in the SP contract, and in a manner consistent with Xylem’s internal governance processes with regard to managing the SP in R2R activities
- Monitor and improve the quality of the relationship between the Xylem and the SP by actively overseeing compliance with contract terms and conditions, commitments, and notifications including SLAs; work with key stakeholder groups to ensure the overall effectiveness of the outsourcing initiative
- Build and maintain positive relationships and partnerships throughout Xylem’s business units
- Develop, define, document, and establish appropriate communication to the Internal Business Partners and Xylem businesses on the contractual obligations for all services provided through an outsourcing contract
- Establish productive management-level relationships with the SP to ensure the two-way flow of information regarding strategies, priorities, requirements, disputes, and issues
- Conduct training sessions to various end-users related to company processes, systems and tools as it relates to R2R Global Process
- Identify and implement remediation of controls gaps
- Drive continuous improvement for the end to end R2R process, presenting recommendations to the GBS Senior Director of Finance as well as acting as a change champion within the R2R team.
- Facilitate the implementation and sharing of leading practices across R2R resource teams
- Familiarity with Lean/Six Sigma concepts to support process continuous improvement
- Manage overall governance process between Xylem and the SP to assure continuous alignment between the parties
- Interact directly with the other Global Process Owners (I2P and O2C) to resolve issues, ensure accurate financials, meet customer needs, etc.
- Ensure that appropriate audit controls are in place for Xylem’s processes, proper recording into the general ledger, oversite of Acquire to Retire (validation with General Ledger) and maintaining accurate financial reporting
- Manage a periodic customer satisfaction survey process, including follow-up and remedial action plans
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- MBA Required, CPA preferred; strong fundamental accounting skills are required
- 10+ years of professional experience with background in process improvement, Finance business processes (R2R), Operations, program management, change management and/or ERP implementation and governance
- Direct experience working in a multi-national shared services organization
- Direct experience managing a multi-national outsourced service provider
- Direct experience managing large multi-national teams
- Proven ability to positively influence and guide large-scale implementations while building collaborative relationships
- Significant experience of managing R2R processes, or other core finance, accounting or strategic planning processes, within a complex, large volume environment
- Leader, team player and change agent proficient at motivating diverse teams
- Understanding of accounting processes associated with a publicly traded global manufacturing company
- Strong familiarity of working month-end reporting process and standards
- Deep understanding of a highly regulated internal control environment as it relates to SOX reporting
- Thorough knowledge of finance and accounting; financial, management and tax reporting; general ledger management; audit; and processes
- Proven ability to manage an external service provider and its service delivery to exceed monthly service level agreements
- Focus upon managing SP outcomes and identifying root cause; work in providing permanent fixes
- Proficient at managing and/or successfully resolving conflict
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 25-50% global travel
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.