1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings.
Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. Xylem had in 2018 17 000 employees and an annual revenue of $5.2 billion. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com and click here to see a film about Xylem.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
As an Application Engineer you will work with system solutions in the water and wastewater pumping business. Your primary challenge will be to develop technical solutions, ensuring the proper performance and longevity for our pumps and equipment and present these. In addition you will work on developing general design recommendations and include these in our sales tools. You will also work with component selection, sizing and system calculations for pump systems.
You will be part of a group of around eight application engineers with different expertise. The team has a responsibility of driving application engineering expertise, support Xylem’s commercial teams globally as well as spreading technical capability internally to solve customers’ challenges. Travelling to our commercial teams and customers is included in your work.
- Supports the commercial teams’ efforts with product selection and system design
- Participate in troubleshooting cases
- Develop training materials and the application domain and train internally in application knowledge
- Participate in the development of software tools for product selection, system design and engineering
- Participates in and supports business development projects
- Immerse themselves in subjects within the application area
- Have good product knowledge
- Operates or assists in application development projects
You have a Bachelor degree, or higher, in environmental-, vehicle-, physics- or mechanical engineering and several years’ relevant work experience, it is also desirable if you have hydraulic experience.
Excellent skills in English, both oral and written, are essential to perform this work as part of a global company. Additional languages are an advantage.
- As a person you are business and customer oriented, communicative and committed to deliver results. Networking is natural to you, and you can easily see the customer requirements and translate them into a differentiated and competitive solution. You also have a cross-cultural understanding.
- You recognize yourself in our core competencies - continuous improvement mindset, inspiring accountability and cross-boundary collaboration – which are contributing factors to the company´s success.
We offer you a creative and international environment where you get the opportunity to focus on your personal and professional development together with committed and helpful colleagues. Engage as a volunteer through Xylem´s business program for community initiatives Xylem Watermark, train or compete with us through our sports club ”Xylem IF” or join our Art club to participate in art raffles or go to the theatre.
In this recruitment, Xylem is working with Hays. If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV and cover letter in English in the same document. If you have any questions regarding the role, please contact Isolde Andersson, 070 450 60 26 / email@example.com.