1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions.
For more information on how Xylem can help you, go to www.xylem.com
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Commercial Manager for Vertical Turbine Pumps. This position will be responsible for ensuring that processes and procedures required to professionally manage project risk (technical and commercial) and profitability are effectively developed and executed for the Lubbock operation. This requires enhanced support and extensive interface with the Operations, Sales, Engineering, and Marketing/Applications organization during proposal preparation, award and order fulfillment phases. Develop and improve sales office and internal order proposal processes which insure communication of all relevant data to the appropriate individuals which meet present and future organizational goals. Balance growth (order acquisition) with attaining favorable margins and terms to Xylem. Interface with Sales management, Product Managers, and Market Managers to create improved handling of large orders (typically over $100k USD) both commercially and technically. Develop and maintain a load matrix which includes an aggressive growth strategy while maintaining customer service levels.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Ensure open communication throughout the organization with respect to all order management issues.
- Work aggressively with sales, ops, prod. Mgmt., & engineering to win large business that is profitable and acceptable for Xylem-Lubbock.
- Ability to influence, negotiate, and resolve conflicts to reach consensus around common goals of meeting customer requirements.
- Participate with balance of leadership team to manage level loading of the orders. Identify problem areas and implement corrective action.
- Improve interface of operations and production specialists with customers and area sales managers.
- Consolidate project quotes and develop competitive costs offerings for turbine core product.
- Evaluate all quote log data and project data from product specialists/sales and develop order strategy. Focus on winning jobs and leverage sales support where required.
- Work with Director of Ops. on Cost/margin strategies for large jobs and help to develop global material strategies for sourcing in LCR’s. Tie in with GSC and GSS on coordinating market acceptance of LCR sources.
- Establish and report competitive profiles on all lost jobs by region, customer and market served. Use to guide future margin decisions.
- Work with TTO front- and back-end to determine how to position orders to keep product areas loaded and understand trigger points where additional fixed or variable costs must be added.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, or technical required or equivalent.
- Minimum of ten years of experience; includes emphasis on marketing and sales, engineering, contract management, project management, procurement, and/or lean processes.
- Minimum of five years with Capital equipment related experience.
- Minimum of five years of supervisory experience.
- Must have knowledge of hydraulics, mechanics and construction, common metallurgical uses.
- Strong math and technical skills required.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Medium lifting (10-25 lbs.), office environment.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility.
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see employees and/or customers on a daily basis.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Safety protocols and PPE to be closely observed.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours with extended hours as required to meet customer requirements
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.