Engineering Contract Manager
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions.
For more information on how Xylem can help you, go to www.xylem.com
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire an Engineering Contract Manager for Vertical Turbine Pumps. This role will ensure proper timing and profitability is met for orders received. Through effectively managing a team consisting of project managers and contract engineers, this role will improve and develop processes to streamline order entry and order tracking while ensuring the appropriate margins are maintained. This role is instrumental in advancing the front-end operations by ensuring systems and processes are followed to accurately convey and maintain technical content, pricing, lead times, and special testing requirements in satisfying customer needs through order fulfillment. This role will interface with sales management, product managers, engineering, operations, customer service, and market managers to create improved handling of commercial and technical orders while also developing and maintaining a load matrix with an aggressive growth strategy what will maintain superior customer service levels.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Work aggressively with sales, operations, product management and engineering to win large business that is profitable and acceptable for Xylem-Lubbock.
- Work with operations team on cost/margin strategies for bidding, and maintaining and improving margins through the manufacturing process.
- Effectively manage the level loading of orders through collaboration with the leadership team. Identify problem areas and implement corrective action.
- Ensure on time delivery on projects to customers requested ship dates.
- Oversee submittals, technical data, curve reviews and approvals.
- Continuously improve communication with both the front-end and back-end operations to keep product areas loaded, and to understand trigger points where additional fixed or variable costs must be added.
- Improve interface of operations and production specialists with customers and area sales managers.
- Ensure open communication throughout the organization with respect to all order management issues.
- Influence, negotiate, and resolve conflicts in order to reach consensus around common goals of meeting customer requirements.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, or technical required or equivalent.
- Minimum of ten years of experience; includes emphasis on marketing and sales, engineering, contract management, project management, procurement, and/or lean processes.
- Minimum of five years with Capital equipment related experience.
- Minimum of five years of supervisory experience.
- Must have knowledge of hydraulics, mechanics and construction, common metallurgical uses.
- Strong math and technical skills required.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Medium lifting (10-25 lbs.), office environment.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility.
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see employees and/or customers on a daily basis.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Safety protocols and PPE to be closely observed.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours with extended hours as required to meet customer requirements
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.