1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Project Manager that will be a member of the Deployment Services Project Management Team. This person will manage all aspects of assigned projects to assure timely implementation of all project deliverables, and manage customer expectations through regular communications, while focusing on data analysis and reporting. The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to succeed in a fast paced, fluid environment, while ensuring that project initiatives are met. If you are excited and passionate, we want to hear from you!
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilitiesa;
- Responsible for authoring project plans (using Microsoft Project), Project Charters, Statement of Works, Work Breakdown Structures, Risk Mitigation plans, Quality Plans, and System Acceptance Test plans.
- Responsible for project change orders, contract management, and driving internal stake holders for project deliverables as defined by the projects requirements.
- Responsible for monthly budget reconciliations, expenses, hourly effort tracking and invoicing where and when it’s applicable.
- Develop requirements for, and participate in, the source selection of subcontractors to perform the installation of RF field communications and metering equipment.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- Minimum of 5-10 years project management experience is required. Relevant experience in a similar field or Xylem experience will be considered
- Candidate will have a bachelor degree in a technical discipline (CS, EE, IS). MS degree or MBA preferred. Relevant education and experience will be considered.
- Must be proficient with computer hardware and software (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, and Visio) experience with Google Earth Pro is a plus.
- Proven project management experience with management of various sized teams and diverse suppliers. Experience that is not project management specifically, but relevant, will be taken into consideration as well.
- Ability to direct the work of assigned project staff to ensure projects are delivered on time, to budget, to quality and project interdependencies are identified and actively managed.
- Ensure problems, risks, issues and dependencies are identified and managed which may affect the successful delivery of the Project
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple work-streams and ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented and adopt a structured working method but with the ability to react quickly to change.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required, coupled with an ability to build strong collaborative relationships across departmental boundaries.
- Cultural awareness and ability to adapt communication style when working with customers.
- A confident, positive and flexible leadership style, with the ability to network with a range of stakeholders and to work collaboratively with senior managers.
- Customer focused, enthusiastic and flexible with an ability to find solutions to problems.
- Ability to drive the project team and customer to meet delivery schedules within budget and with complete customer satisfaction.
- Experience or working knowledge of RF technology and LAN/WAN infrastructure desired.
- Utility industry experience is a plus
- PMP certification preferred
- Ability to travel and work at customer sites up to 75% of the time.
- This position reports to the South Regional Manager and would ideally be located in one of the South
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.