Senior Software Developer - Windows
POSITION DATA SPECIFICATION
Senior Software Developer – Windows
Xylem Water Solutions India Private Limited, India Technology Centre, Bangalore location, India
Manager – Analytics team group leader ITC
Part 1 Describe the Position
Application Developers will participate in the development process from definition to deployment. Develop cutting-edge technologies to improve Xylem's software offering. Create and maintain back end oriented services and micro-services utilized by the rest of our architecture. Engineer code that is efficient, standard and well documented. Take on challenging tasks as needed with an eagerness to develop skills in new areas. Bring to the job an excitement and work ethic on par for a startup technology firm.
A) List the essential functions and major activities in order of their importance.
- Participate in the development process from definition to deployment.
- Develop cutting-edge technologies to improve Xylem’s software offering.
- Engineer code that is efficient, standard and well documented.
- Take on challenging tasks as needed with an eagerness to develop skills in new areas.
- Bring to the job an excitement and work ethic on par for a startup technology firm.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally
Part 2 Describe the Person
A) Minimum professional and educational background desired (5+ years of experience)
MS in Computer Science or BE/B.Tech in Computer Science/Electronics & Communication or related fields or Master in Science in Software or MCA
7+ years of experience in the following:
- Development of desktop applications under Windows (C++)
- Embedded programming (drivers, communications protocols)
- Database design and implementation (SQL)
- Requirement engineering and management
- Change management and application lifecycle management (TFS – MS Team Foundation Server)
- Tests and documentation (TFS)
- Localization of Software
- Close cooperation with the hardware developers (HW/SW interface)
B) Describe the most important competencies/Skills required of the individual.
- C / Visual C++ / MFC / COM / STL / Windows GDI (min. 5 years)
- Team Foundation Server / Git (min. 2 years)
- Visual Studio (min. 5 years)
- Deep understanding of multithreading
- Excellent SQL Server knowledge (min. 5 years)
C) Other: Comment on items not included above.
- English and German (written and spoken), good to have skills
Anjan Kumar Pal,
Manager – Analytics Team Group Leader,
Manager – Application Software & Advanced Data Analytics