Group Leader (m/w/d), Wedeco Global Product Management
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) A leading global water technology company.
Xylem is a global water technology company with over 16.000 employees, dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
Group Leader (m/w/d), Wedeco Global Product Management
The candidate will lead Wedeco’s Global Product Management team in delivering market leading, differentiated and commercially successful Disinfection and Oxidation solutions and services in the Water and Wastewater market. He/she will manage, develop and drive profitable business growth for the Wedeco portfolio and related accessories and services. The Product Managemet Group Leader will oversee and optimize the entire product lifecycle, from new-product-business-case, through marketing development, launch, profitability and phase-out and have overall responsibility over product, price and promotion of the line. The overall responsibility scope is commercial and technical, strategic and tactical.
The location is Herford in Germany, remote work is also possible, but regular on-site meetings in Herford are mandatory.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Lead/Coach team of UV and Ozone Product Managers located in Germany. Manage the activities of the department, including recruitment, training, development, performance evaluations, and compensation management.
- Drive a highly responsive culture for providing outstanding customer focus (both for internal and external customers), on-time delivery and responsive and accurate communications.
- Drive continuous improvement culture and accomplishments; identify top areas in need of improvement and standardization followed by the design and implementation of actions to improve our execution efficiencies, quality and project/brand profitability.
- Implement and drive strategies to achieve global revenue and standard margin goals for products and market segments
- Understand and specify market requirements and market and technology trends for current and future products by conducting market research supported by Voice of Customer received through on-going visits to customers and other stakeholders; closely collaborate with Market/Business Development teams
- Monitor competition with respect to market performance, product portfolio and product performance.
- Develop and execute the Ozone and UV product roadmaps through a value based segmentation and alternatives analysis, including new product development, emerging market expansion, value optimized design, SKU rationalization and potential acquisition opportunities
- Identify and assess emerging technology opportunities and trends within Water and Wastewater Treatment Disinfection and Oxidation, and fold into the overall product roadmap, new product development and acquisition pipelines as appropriate
- Lead product launches (in close collaboration with Sales and Marketing teams) and manage the entire product life cycle through phase-out
- Prioritize initiatives and product development projects to drive profitable growth
- Maintain close contact with the Sales leadership to keep up-to-date on the evolving market needs, customer requirements and shifts in the competitive landscape.
- Conduct market segmentation, trend analysis and forecasting for product offerings to optimize global market positioning and investment strategies.
- Participate in technical meetings, conferences, workshops, industry days, trade shows and association events
- Ensure compliance with all safety, housekeeping and work rules and regulations
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering from an accredited institution, or equivalent. Professional Engineering certification is preferred or equivalent experience. MBA is preferred.
- Possess fundamental and demonstrated knowledge of the water and wastewater treatment market and have a minimum of fifteen (15) years experience including in the international markets.
- Prior management experience in the field of management/marketing/engineering or a sound aptitude is highly desirable.
- Product management experience in the water/wastewater industry either municipal and/or industrial preferable
- Excellent computer, communication, presentation, management and analytical skills. Be able to resolve difficult technical and business issues. Be a self-starter with high motivation to achieve goals.
- Strong ability to develop and deliver executive presentations to senior leaders in the organization
- Effective public speaker and preparing/giving presentations
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications
- Customer focused: proven ability to work constructively with customers.
- Highly adaptable to change, as Xylem is a rapidly growing, publically-traded enterprise.
- Fluency in English and German required
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
For questions regarding this opportunity, please reach out to Niklas Naunheim, Corporate Recruiter at Tel.: +49 1621374371
We are looking forward to your application!
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.