1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Smith-Blair, a Xylem Brand, seeks to hire a Certified Welder to perform welding operations on a variety of pressure vessels including but not limited to all types of pipe couplings.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Must be a team playerthat exhibits excellent communication/interpersonal skills; motivated to work in a highly participative environment and understand and believe in the Lean Manufacturing Principles (5’s, single piece flow, KanBan, etc.).
- Will be required to be tested (within a specified time limit) in order to be certified under ASME Section 9, to be in compliance with AWWA standards.
- Will be required to perform welding operations on a variety of pressure vessels including but not limited to all types of couplings.
- Must be capable of setting up and operating all of the following equipment:
- wire welder, TIG machine, MIG machine, stick machine, flux core welder, hoist, grinder, various hand tools, micrometers, calipers, level, tri-square, various jigs, measuring tape and arc gauge
- Ability to read and interpret machine shop drawings; ability to set-up and operate weld positioners and stationary welding equipment.
- Must be capable of producing leak-proof welds.
- Must be able to understand and apply machine shop math; must have ability to work from verbal and written instructions.
- Must be capable of reading and interpreting all shop orders.
- Capable of working extended hours to meet customer demands.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Must self-inspect their products to maintain quality and quantity standards.
- Keeps work area clean and orderly and maintains proper care of equipment.
- Must perform any other duties as assigned by their supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED required.
- Welding Certification or equivalent work experience required.
- Manufacturing/production experience desired but not required.
- Forklift operation experience desired but not required.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Moderate lifting (11-35 lbs.), moderate lifting/pushing (11-35 lbs.)
- Regularly required to stand, reach, bend and move/walk throughout the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Large industrial facility
- Manufacturing/production work areas and equipment related to: product assembly and assembly lines, metal forming and metal fabrication, welding/grinding, product finishing/painting, product transport/material handling, etc.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Overtime is not standard but can be frequent based on seasonal workload.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.