Continuous Improvement Specialist
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Continuous Improvement (CI) Specialist who will provide the opportunity for you to be part of the current Continuous Improvement program and team, that aims to drive customer satisfaction improvements, product quality, new product introduction, R&D cost reduction, and manufacturing and operational efficiencies. This CI Specialist position will play a significant part of driving a CI and Quality culture change throughout the organization by utilizing the CI toolkit through all functional areas of the business. Individuals will use all facets of LEAN, Problem Solving & 6 Sigma, and Project Management, enabling the candidate to drive process improvements and change across the organizations.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Assist, then Lead cross-functional projects designed to analyze and design sequence of operations and work flows to improve efficiencies.
- Assist in conducting studies pertaining to cost control, cost reduction, inventory control, productivity improvement, revenue enhancement
- Help develop and implement plans and programs for facility modifications and revisions to operating methods
- Interfacing with other departments to identify improvement opportunities to drive high quality and efficient processes
- Help Mobilizing Problem solving teams and supporting groups to streamline processes
- Co-Facilitate Kaizen events to drive continuous improvements in operations, office areas and transactional processes
- Participate on multiple projects and apply continuous improvement techniques leveraging Six Sigma and Lean methodologies to solve problems and build new capabilities.
- Share best practices with other site Continuous Improvement Senior Specialist and develop coordinated plans.
- Be a change agent: challenge organizational leaders to drive continuous improvements; remove organizational barriers to continuous improvement processes.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- BS/BA Degree or Equivalent
- Participated in continuous improvement / Lean / Six Sigma efforts and enabling efficiency, effectiveness and tangible financial benefit.
- 0-3 years of business experience showing progressive responsibility.
- Hands-on and demonstrated experience with continuous improvement programs including employment of lean and / or Six Sigma tools and methodologies
- Demonstrated successful project management experience and acumen
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.