Inside Sales Rep
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
Godwin, a Xylem brand, offers a broad product line of fully automatic self-priming pumps used in temporary and permanent applications. With a full range of diesel and electric pumps available to purchase or rent, Godwin pumps are used for dewatering and liquids transfer in mining, constructions, municipal and industrial projects around the world.
The Role: Godwin, a Xylem brand seeks to hire an Inside Sales Representative to be responsible providing a variety of sales related support and assistance to both internal and external customers throughout the U.S. and Canada in solving fluid-handling problems and increasing company rental and sale business through development of Godwin and Flygt pumping systems and related pumping products.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Provide assistance to customers, Outside Sales Representatives, Technical Inside Sales Representatives and Branch Manager with the preparation of quotations, bids, field service contracts, rental and sale contracts and associated correspondence, and answering customer inquiries.
- Assist in the management of bids through spreadsheets and Outlook calendars to apprise sales department of pre-bids and due dates.
- Review company-generated reports (Cognos) with Sales and Branch Manager and sales staff to maintain efficiency and process flow.
- Process pick-up slips and returns.
- Answer, screen and route incoming telephone calls in an efficient, courteous and professional manner; maintain flow of e-mail; continue customer relations; interact with all departments to resolve issues in a courteous and professional manner.
- Responsible for submitting rental, sale, field service and work orders for invoicing.
- Communicate and coordinate order deliveries and pick-ups with Operations’ personnel.
- Maintain constant contact with Outside Sales Representative throughout an order delivery, including any updates.
- Prepare credit memos.
- Process new customer account set-up paperwork.
- Collect competitive information for sharing with Godwin sales representatives preparing quotes.
- Maintain sales literature.
- Act as liaison between customers and Company departments.
- Participate in Godwin’s 24-hour on-call service rotation including office coverage on Saturdays as directed by the Branch Manager.
- Other related duties as may be required.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Three to five years experience in a related field of pumps, pumping systems or equipment rental within the industrial, municipal or construction industries preferred
- Bachelor degree in business or technical field of study preferred
- Experience in a windows-based order processing/inventory program preferred
- Ability to use sound judgment and problem solve in a fast paced environment
- Ability to collaborate and build effective relationships at all levels of the organization
- Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize, meet deadlines and work independently with initiative in a fast paced environment
- Ability to follow detailed oral and written instructions
- Possession of strong organizational skills
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels both orally and in written form
- Proficiency with various computer software packages to specifically include Microsoft Office products
- External:Direct and indirect customers
- Internal: Sales, operations and engineering teams
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: 10% travel required to fulfill the duties listed above; other travel as needed or required by the company
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.