Electrical & Controls Project Engineer
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire an Electrical & Controls Project Engineer. The North America Ozone Team in Freedom, PA is looking for a self-motivated individual to perform electrical & controls project engineering and execution for disinfection, oxidation, and advanced oxidation projects for both municipal and industrial clients. Perform all duties in accordance with the Xylem Inc. Code of Corporate Conduct and in accordance with all Xylem Inc. corporate policies.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Be a contributing member of an assigned project execution team including a Project Manager and Mechanical Engineer to execute customer project orders from the sales handover phase through site startup and commissioning.
- Review and analyze project specifications with special emphasis on electrical, instrumentation and controls requirements to identify costs and develop implementation strategies.
- Review and develop Process Flow Diagrams (PFD), Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (PID)
- Configure and develop all necessary engineering documents required for internal design and customer submittals.
- Collaborate within an international engineering team to execute assigned projects and support sales opportunities.
- Perform programming and troubleshooting of system and component level PLC and Operator Interface Screens.
- Perform detailed electrical controls and power distribution designs.
- Maintain project time schedules & budgets for multiple projects in coordination with the Project Management team.
- Provide direct technical support to external customers, consulting engineering firms, general contractors as well as internal departments such as service & sales.
- Drive a highly responsive culture and provide outstanding customer service to both internal and external customers in all activities.
- Follow and comply with all ESH policies.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- This position requires a Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years of experience working in the field of water and/or wastewater treatment industry.
- 5+ years of experience in process control and system designs including PLC and HMI. Must be proficient in AB/Rockwell Automation software. Experience with Modicon and GE software is a plus.
- Knowledge of Process diagrams and instrumentation required.
- Proficient in AutoCAD engineering software. AutoCAD Electrical experience is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written & oral).
- Excellent task management & organization skills.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: 25%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.