1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots.
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative, and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved, and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration, and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Xylem is seeking an Application Engineer to join our team in the Cheektowaga, NY facility. The application Engineer is responsible for selecting, rating, and quoting both standard and engineered heat transfer products to satisfy customer specifications in accordance with sound engineering practice. This position will work with the sales team to produce quotes that drive sales and provide technical assistance to the sales team and customer.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Reviews assigned sales inquiries completely and selects the most economical type of heat exchanger to meet customer’s expectations.
- Performs thermal analysis to determine the size unit to quote.
- Adapts both standard and engineered equipment to satisfy the application.
- Obtains design assistance from Engineering Department where necessary.
- Price all heat exchangers using price book, cost programs, and available cost data.
- Obtains cost estimating assistance from Manufacturing where necessary
- Prepares quotation to the customer or supplies the necessary information and data to enable the sales force to prepare the quotation
- As a service to Field Sales advises price extras, evaluates inquiry requirements, and determines suitability for quoting.
- Recommends to the Product/Marketing Manager the feasibility and practicality of “off sheeting” to certain accounts by coordinating available information on the customer market, delivery requirements, cost, and profitability.
- Assist field sales personnel at customer meetings by providing technical “know-how” and product expertise as required.
- Insure compliance and perform duties in accordance with current ISO 9001 procedures.
- Assists Product/Marketing Manager in developing new price lists and technical data for the price book and field sales.
- Develops, maintains, and updates account files under the review of the Product/Marketing Manager.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the Product/Marketing Manager such as reviewing and documenting industry trends and issuing related reports, monitoring sales, lost business, and capture rates.
- Reviews designated contracts to insure complete order exists in accordance with customer’s expectations and engineering’s requirements.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field.
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in application engineering or field sales experience in heat transfer, fluid processing
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (10-15 lbs.), mainly office environment with some plant environment exposure
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office & Shop: Work usually performed both on the shop floor with access to a standard office computer setup.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.