Finance Leadership Development Program
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions.
For more information on how Xylem can help you, go to www.xylem.com
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a high potential, entry level candidate to their Finance Leadership Development Program (FLDP). This candidate will be capable of taking on a future finance leadership role at the Company after a series of rotations through various finance functions at Headquarters as well as the Xylem businesses over a 24 to 36 month period. The candidate will gain a well-rounded perspective from various areas including Accounting, FP&A, Internal Audit, Strategy, Investor Relations, and Operations. The Company will provide a mentor and formal coaching and development opportunities throughout the program.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Functions will vary based upon rotational area within Accounting, FP&A, Internal Audit, Strategy, Investor Relations, and Operations. Candidates will have full-time analyst responsibilities while within each area and will assist in various projects. This may involve:
- Accumulate and analyze results from Xylem’s businesses
- Assist team with closing monthly and quarterly results
- Update Presentations, Scripts, Releases and other materials
- Create reports and analysis as needed; Present findings in a coherent manner to various audiences
- Research of peer company reports
- Serve as liaison for the department and coordinate across multiple functions
- Ability to communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude
- Demonstrate basic problem solving abilities, coupled with a desire to take on responsibility
- Confident self-starter with ability to prioritize and independently manage to get things done with minimal oversight
- Assist the Investor Relations & FP&A teams with various finance projects including sustainability research, peer research & analysis, process improvements, and other items.
- Ability to proactively discern potential problems and propose solutions
- Team player and collaborative disposition
- Ability to work effectively with all levels and functions within the organization
- Willingness to learn and work independently
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Flexibility, organization, and poise under time constraints and deadlines
- Ability to listen effectively, ask questions for clarification and guidance
- Ability to build relationships quickly and work in ambiguous situations
- Strong work ethic and personal responsibility to see things through to completion
- Ability to enhance productivity through technology … CI mindset
- Willingness to travel & relocate (as needed)
- Assist in Strategy projects or M&A deals (as applicable)
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Attending an accredited University studying toward a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Minimum rising senior in standing
- Concentration in Finance, Accounting, or business/economics (other disciplines such as data analytics, engineering, etc. will also be considered provided there is adequate core business studies)
- Knowledge of project planning methodologies such as critical path planning.
- Knowledge of computers and database/spreadsheet/ word processing software
- Knowledge of basic query functions for the purpose of report creation
- Knowledge of powerpoint and basic presentation tools
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Problem solving skills
- Strong written communication / documentation
- Ability to take responsibility and function under minimal supervision
- Ability to work with wide range of people
- The 2020 FLDP candidates begin in early September 2020 and rotate through 2-3 different roles over the course of the 24 to 36 month program.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.