Engineering Leadership Development Program
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Engineering Leadership Development Program (ELDP) is an intense two year program for people who have a passion for technology, a drive for technical excellence, and share Xylem's desire to solve the world’s toughest resource challenges. The program is designed to accelerate professional development through technical and leadership training and a variety of business-critical assignments. If you love technology and want a career in engineering, the Xylem Engineering Leadership Development Program is for you!
The Engineering Leadership Development Program is a two year program consisting of three rotational assignments which are driven by real business priorities. The program includes Six Sigma Green Belt training, formal presentations to senior leadership, and valuable leadership training. The Rotational assignments are intended to provide a broad exposure to the engineering field leading to successful off program placement.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Plan and perform assigned tasks within the framework of program rotation
- Complete assignment objectives on schedule, within budget, with higher than expected quality while maintaining accuracy and thoroughness
- Demonstrate ability to understand and apply engineering fundamentals in the business environment
- Demonstrate analytical / problem solving skills.
- Propose new analyses, techniques and methodologies with respect to specific area of responsibility where applicable
- Complete Green Belt training and a required green belt project
- Attend four leadership training sessions over the course of the two year program.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering or Data Analytics
- GPA greater than or equal to 3.0/4.0 overall
- Strong commitment to a career in technology and a passion for engineering
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Ability to lead and work in teams
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Prior internship, co-op or research experience
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.