Sr. Financial Analyst
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: This position would be responsible for providing overall global financial support for achieving performance goals (i.e., operating margins, operating cash flow, inventory turns, A/R Days, A/P Days, cycle time reduction, etc.). Assists the Sr. FP&A Manager as required with AWS GC global and America’s Commercial Team consolidation of financials, monthly reporting requirements, HQ deliverables, and prepares special ad hoc financial analysis and presentations for management.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Supports the overall forecast and budget for AWS GC and ACT through understanding of the revenue, margins, expenses, capital, special projects, headcount, etc. ensuring clear understanding of all variances and critical evaluation of input. (Key result: All variances from forecast, budget and prior year can be adequately explained, and improvements that can be made to enhance future forecast accuracy).
- Prepares the monthly/quarterly/annual reporting requirements for headquarters and internal Senior Leaders
- Active participation, driving of the research and development cost and capital for AWS GC and ACT (PAR Support).
- Financial support for product line management team and ad-hoc request in support of the consolidated AWS GC global business and the America’s Commercial Team.
- Support AWS GC and ACT Budget/Strat Plan/Forecast
- Monthly analysis for GC/CT leadership
- Project Tracking
- BU Review Support
- Headcount Cost/Control
- Alignment of Forecast/Budget/AOP with Functional Leaders
- Indirect XGP/LSS
- GDP Support
- Ad hoc reporting
- Building acumen
- Business partnership
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Cross-boundary collaboration
- Analytical mind-set
- Finance project management
- Inspiring accountability
- Intelligent risk management
- Problem solving
- External: Auditors
- Internal: Senior Finance leaders in ACT/AWS GC, VP’s of both AWS GC and ACT (Marketing/HR/R&D, etc.)
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or financial/accounting with 2-5 years of business experience
- Must have a working knowledge of United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (“US GAAP").
- Must have the ability to engage business process owners in a direct yet professional manner, thoroughly evaluate business processes, and quickly identify potential control gaps.
- Requires demonstrated skill in written and oral communications and interview skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and OneStream skills.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized. Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Able to travel 5%-10% of the time, mostly within the US
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.