Director Information Technology & IT Business Relationship Manager
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The Director Information Technology & Business Relationship Manager is accountable for managing business technology in the region to ensure legacy technologies are enhanced, maintained and supported to address business needs. This position will report directly to the SVP & Chief Information Officer supporting the needs of the Emerging Markets group and key Segments / Functions operating within the assigned Information Technology regional support model.
This role works closely with the EM leadership and IT leadership to align business strategy, processes and systems in support of local, regional and global requirements. They are the primary liaison between the business/functional units and the enterprise IT organization for the region.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
Visionary Leadership and Strategic Planning:
- Responsible for aligning business needs, creating business value return model and working with enterprise information technology execution teams to support the region
- Review business strategies in cooperation with business owners and enterprise IT teams to enable future business solutions
- Act as the primary liaison to identify emerging business trends and technologies that will enhance growth within the WI organization
- Select, organize, train, develop, and motivate a strong technical team to assure high level of productivity, the best use of individual and group capabilities and appropriate career planning for all personnel
- Provide leadership in utilization of Information Technology throughout the region including significant coordination with the balance of the divisional or group leadership assigned to this person
- Manage and provide appropriate resources for the approved information and communications systems and projects
- Build, manage and nurture a solid relationship with EM leadership, IT Leadership Team, IT colleagues and governance or project teams to address business needs while driving system and process standards
- Communicate proactively with key stakeholders
- Have ability to influence regional discussions and demonstrate conflict management skills
- Partner with key personnel to develop key business needs or requirements in support of sustaining or developing IT related solutions
- Closely collaborate with EM leadership, IT Leadership and other key stakeholders to understand and assist with prioritizing technology enabled business initiatives in the region
- Coordinate with Program Management Office personnel to ensure projects are delivering to cost, schedule and expected delivery milestones
- Act as primary liaison where appropriate to align the business staff and expectations of projects to ensure goals are being achieved.
- Act as an ambassador and the primary focal point for IT within the EM group to optimize technology enablement and create standard work – both in the current environment and long-term strategy
- Lead in developing proposals and business cases for technology enabled business initiatives
- Participate in the translation of business requirements to the Enterprise IT organization so that business needs are understood and addressed.
- Lead adoption of technology and business process standards
- Be active in the EM group to gather business requirements, assist with the creation of business value projections and deliver key communication from IT to the EM group
- Work with IT execution team service owners to understand Service Level Agreements (SLA) and as needed provide feedback to ensure business needs are being addressed within the expected levels.
- Support the delivery of enterprise IT solutions and standards
Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent), with 10+ years of experience preferred; or relevant and equivalent Business or IT experience
- Strong knowledge of business operations, preferably performing a business partner role working with business executives for 3+ years
- Possess general knowledge of related business technologies and applications that drive business growth, business management and long term business sustainability
- Managed an IT regional organization, minimum of 15 staff members
- Worked with C-Suite executives to enable strategic discussions
- Program or Project management experience strongly preferred
- Financial & business analysis experience, specifically working with budgets and project costing
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Work location is Singapore