Category Buyer - Electronic
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem is the leading global provider of efficient and sustainable water technologies and our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges.
We are committed to social responsibility and corporate citizenship through our Xylem Watermark program, where colleagues volunteer their time and talent to provide and protect safe water resources for communities around the world, deliver disaster response, educate children, and raise global awareness about critical water issues. Innovation, diversity and inclusion are also key to our culture.
Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. We develop and provide technologies that improve the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
Support and deliver sourcing strategy, as delegated by Xylem Global Procurement (XGP) and according to Applied Water System. Ensure compliance with Xylem processes, PSP including DOA and Xylem Product Development (XPD) with stage gate. Manage the supply base, leading tactical and operational purchasing activities. Negotiate with suppliers the best condition, formalize agreement. Accountable for site material savings, he/she shall contribute to Idea Generation sessions with multifunctional team members to fill-in the saving projects funnel including Value Analysis & Value Engineering (VAVE) and maximizing cash flow with vendor payment and stocking management
Manage as Buyer and/or Coordinator the assigned XPD and VAVE projects, aligned with Xylem Procurement strategies and support operational footprint projects including localisation, if required.
Active participant in Site Procurement and Commodity Management teams, continuing team dynamic and culture of continuous improvement. Travel when required.
PRIORITIZATION AND PLANNING:
- Successful candidate effectively manages multiple tasks to complete complex projects. They are organized and efficient, and able to define objectives, sequence, timeline, interdependencies and contingencies for projects or initiatives, maximizing time and resources and overcoming obstacles.
VALUE-BASED DECISION MAKING:
- Successful candidate effectively examines events, issues and problems and determine implications, isolating root causes and ensuring they are solving whole problems rather than simply addressing symptoms.
COLLABORATION AND TEAMWORK:
- Successful candidate believes in teamwork. They recognize and support team goals over individual goals, readily collaborate with others, recognizing and valuing their contributions and encourage team members to support each other.
- Ensure new products and related supply chain have a cost effective design while fulfilling all applicable technical specifications and full compliance with Xylem commodity strategies, policies, and other commodity guidance.
- Secure planning and execution of procurement activities in accordance with project specifications and the product development process.
- Sign off product development stage gate presentations on behalf of EMEA procurement. React to any signs of suggested product designs or supply chains that is not optimal from a cost effectiveness standpoint
- proactive communicate with commodity managers and site procurement organizations to secure the supplier base are able to support company needs for product development and serial production
- in a professional way represent Xylem to external suppliers
- Successful candidate is able to effectively convey their ideas and messages both formally and informally, in speaking and in writing. . They deliver clear, concise, accurate, articulate and persuasive written and oral messages, supply supporting facts as necessary and are adept at tailoring their communication to their audience.
- challenge the existing supply chains, suppliers, technologies and manufacturing methods
- actively search for suppliers, products, processes and tools to secure cost effectiveness, quality and service according to expectations.
- develop and improve the function for new products and vaalue engineering
- react to any signs of suggested product designs or supply chains that is not optimal from a cost effectiviness standpoint
- secure short time from final specification to market for new products
- actively search information about financial status, legal irregularities, sustainability and other aspects for suppliers that might harm Xylem as a cooperation partner and customer.
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITIES
- Sign off on supplier contracts, purchase orders and other supplier actions as per delegation of authority
- Developing and Validating off stage gate presentations and suggested decisions on behalf of AWS-EU procurement.
REQUIRED SKILLS / EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS
- Electronic background with Supply base knowledge of Electronic Components and Contract Manufacturer
- Managing realationship with suppliers - Representing Xylem
- Negotiation & Contractual
- Cost Management
To be successful in the role, you must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, business focused mindset, advocating for driving change and continuous improvements and be a people person motivated by leading teams and people.
As you will lead several projects it is crucial that you have time management and multi-tasking skills, you also possess the ability to work well under pressure and comfortable with change and complexity.
You are an analytical decision maker, a team player and you are able to collaborate cross functionally with several of internal and external stakeholders, vendors and partners.