Team Lead, Talent Acquisition
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: We are looking for a Team Lead, Talent Acquisition to lead our Talent Acquisition Center of Excellence team in Europe. The Team Lead will help manage team members across several business units and regions in Europe. We are looking for a highly motivated problem solver that is ready and able to use your outstanding people skills to develop lasting relationships with both candidates and managers. You are comfortable in an "all hands on deck" environment, love providing people solutions and can thrive in a growing, and fast-changing environment. You have a solid understanding of full cycle recruitment life cycle processes and can deliver the ultimate candidate experience.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate success in designing, building and leading a quality talent acquisition function for a high growth, innovative global organization.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Lead the recruiting process with a strong sense of urgency
- Assist in training, coaching, and lead the talent acquisition team in order to deliver an unparalleled candidate experience in a lively environment where priorities are always shifting
- Brainstorm ideas to stay abreast with the industry and recruiting processes
- Manage full cycle recruiting process
- Stay informed of trends and innovative recruiting techniques in order to be competitive in state-of-the-art recruiting practices
- Partner closely with HR and business to leaders to develop recruiting targets for specific business units
- Participate in special projects/recruiting initiatives, including assessment of best practices in interviewing techniques, leveraging of internal sources of talent and identification of top performers for senior-level openings.
- Provide leadership to the business to drive the alignment of the talent acquisition model, ensure consistency in the approach to communicating the company's Employment Value Proposition, leveraging our Employment Brand, and providing a consistent "candidate experience" for talent at all levels.
- Translate Employment Brand and recruitment approaches to the various business, country and cultural needs
- Educate, excite and sell candidates on both the opportunity and why Xylem should be the employer of choice
- Apply your creative sourcing tactics and look for new ways to network with top talent
- Identify and assess a diverse candidate pool; managing candidates through the end to end recruiting process; providing regular updates to hiring managers; partnering with HR
- Keep candidates continually informed with quality communications throughout the hiring process
- Source candidates through a variety of search resources (social media, internal database, job boards, networking, internet searches, company targets, referrals, etc.)
- Partner with your colleagues in the US to share best practices and add value to the broader Talent Acquisition team.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certifications
- 8+ years of corporate recruiting experience
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline
- Exceptional communication skills in English, preference fluent in other European language (i.e. German, Swedish, Spanish, Italian)
- Extensive demonstrated recruiting experience including full life cycle recruiting
- Self-sufficient and able to work with little direct supervision
- Experience of leading a European cross functional Talent Acquisition organization
- Experience of both Corporate & Operational recruiting
- Experience of centralized recruitment models
- Ensure talent acquisition processes and practices comply with relevant legislation, policy and best practice, in particular all forms of discrimination and equal opportunities
- Knowledge of GDPR guidelines and navigating/working within them
- Excellent relationship management experience with hiring managers and business stakeholders, helping them navigate the sources of talent and assisting them with assessment
- Ensure that the in-house team is maximizing the use of direct sourcing techniques and minimize the reliance on third party agencies
- Ensure recruiters are trained and up to date on proper usage of the recruiting tools (e.g. ATS, job boards, social media) and multi-skilled across different businesses, functions and specialist areas as appropriate
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively in meetings, email and in formal discussions
- Exceptional customer service focus
- Experience with an applicant tracking system and HR databases, preferably Jobvite and Workday
- Proficient in Microsoft Office