Indirect Tax Manager
Role - Indirect tax manager India, Africa, and Middle East
Primary purpose of the role - regional indirect tax strategic role for Africa, Middle East & India be part of the tax capability in supporting the growth of Xylem businesses in aforesaid regions
- Coordinate with regional Accounting and Tax head of India, Africa & Middle east in respect of indirect tax matters
- Transactional tax such as VAT/GST/Sales Tax and routine compliance thereof etc.
Provide advisory to transactional tax team as needed. Ensure robust controls are in place and ensure timely compliance
- Modelling local tax implication for business development, structuring, and restructuring projects, support to provide advice and contribute ideas in solving the tax challenges in deals/contracts, and support to identify risk points/tax saving opportunities in the deals for further assessment and implementation
- Coordinate tax audits and general enquires. Work with internal stakeholders and external advisors to ensure an effective and timely audit process
- Participate in indirect tax projects, provide day-to-day tax advisory for business and other functions on ad-hoc or project basis, identify risk points/tax saving opportunities imbedded with the tax compliance process and contribute to design remedy procedures/actions to achieve tax efficiency
- Support to prepare materials for regular communication with management and HQ to ensure full transparency and alignment
- Capture and share best practices across India, Africa and Middle east indirect tax function and HQ Group Tax,
- Monitor legislative developments and identify the potential impacts to the relevant business groups. Applicable changes are shared and implemented timely and accurately
- Manage external service providers/consultants/Advocate relating to tax compliance or advisory, in a cost-benefit effective manner
- As required, support on ad-hoc projects from Indirect tax standpoint.