Senior Procurement Project Manager
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
Senior Procurement Project Manager
We are currently seeking a Senior Procurement Project Manager to join our Procurement team primarily located at our productions site in Emmaboda. This role can also be located in Stockholm.
The Senior Procurement Project Manager is responsible for executing procurement projects to help drive cost reduction initiatives that meet our yearly corporate goals for procurement.
- Professionally plan, lead and manage larger procurement related projects such for example complex supplier transitions, value engineering and outsourcing
- Organize and lead idea generation and improvement work shops
- Coordinate larger procurement related projects within growth center Water Infrastructure
- Establish and develop key interfaces and network between procurement, R&D, product management and operations
- Enforce/implement /support continuous improvement culture & processes by leading with example and provide change management.
- University degree or equivalent experience/ Economics or in Engineering or equivalent experience/knowledge.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent value analysis skills
- Good knowledge of production technologies, and processes
- Continuous Improvement mindset
- Good knowledge of Sourcing processes & procedures
- Good knowledge of -, and at least 5 years’ experience of Procurement for the engineering industry
- Fluent in oral and written English.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to focus on cooperate targets and drive these throughout the organization.
- Ability to translate concepts, strategies and technical development/landmarks to competitive manufacturing and sourcing processes. Passionate about drive change and improvements.
- Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Capable of working in a team environment involving multiple cultures.
- Capable of working closely with internal stakeholder, especially Operations, R&D, Product Management and Finance.
- Capable to interact with different organizational levels
- Willing and flexible to accept new challenges.
- Ability to travel as required by the position.
- Driven and with target focus. Well developed change management skills.
- Good knowledge of business and behaviors in different countries and cultures.
Why Work at Xylem!
We offer you a creative and international environment where you get the opportunity to focus on your personal and professional development together with committed and helpful colleagues. Engage as a volunteer through Xylem´s business program for community initiatives Xylem Watermark: www.xylemwatermark.com.
We look forward to receiving your application in English. Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process if we find the right candidate.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Corporate Recruiter Leila Sayyad on e-mail [email protected].
We only accept applicants through careers.xyleminc.com.