Global Laboratory Segment Director
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Global Laboratory Segment Director is responsible for leading Xylem’s Global Lab Segment Marketing and Product Management team. Primary responsibilities include planning and driving execution of product and marketing strategies to achieve the business’ growth and profitability targets.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Lead the global team of product managers and product marketers within the Global Lab Segment to ensure a highly engaged and customer focused team that delivers on strategic and annual business objectives.
- Provide visibility to achievements and issues through regular reporting of overall segment health and program progress
- Set employee performance objectives, conduct performance reviews, and recommend pay actions
- Monitor expense budgets
In conjunction with the Lab Segment Product Managers, Lab Product Marketers, and other business stake holders:
- Develop global strategies and product road maps, and product plans to meet the Global Lab Segment’s business objectives, in alignment with Xylem’s and Xylem Analytics strategies and objectives
- Monitor and ensure the financial health of Xylem’s lab segment, including growth, profitability, and product line vitality
- Manage and execute Product Management functions including product portfolio, pricing, and marketing actions. Transfer segment requirements, regulatory requirements and market intelligence into actionable and profitable products and service developments in close corporation with R&D. Drive project prioritization in alignment with the business stakeholders to obtain results.
- Run Voice of the Customer exercises to identify, define and prioritize new product development that result in products and features that meet customer needs and solves their problems
- Analyze market and technology trends to ensure that product development projects are relevant to current conditions and aligned with overall Xylem strategy
- Develop and communicate strong value propositions that showcase our product line capabilities, technologies, and problems solved.
- Generate marketing materials (content and sales tools) to support product launches, sales and marketing activities. Work with Marketing Communications to achieve marketing KPI’s.
- Develop training materials and provide product training to customers, external teams and distribution partners
- Build strong relationships with key customers, partners, and influencers, and represent the company at events/tradeshows
- Engage with global sales teams on a regular basis to ensure proper alignment. Communicate product, market and competitive information on a monthly basis to the sales team
- Provide input into the OPS (S&OP and forecasting) planning process. Set sales and orders goals by produce line and category.
- Engage Quality, Operations, and Technical Services team on a regular basis to consolidate customer feedback, proactively respond to emerging issues, and improve the customer experience
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Four-year college degree in Business, Marketing, Science/Biology or Engineering.
- 7+ years product management, business development, marketing and/or managerial experience
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to lead and work effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Persuasiveness - Ability to create enthusiasm around ideas.
- Experience with leading diverse teams, and working across larger international organizations to build alliances and collaborate efficiently
- Customer service oriented - Proven ability to work constructively with customers.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Ability to interpret/analyze data and translate findings into strategic planning information.
- Ability to perform as both a strategic thinker and tactical planner
- Comfortable using business technology
- Four year college degree in Science, Engineering or Business with a technical background
- Experience from the Lab market. Technical experience in a role or working with analytical instrumentation is preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Comfortable using technology
- Flexibility to manage dynamic priorities and multiple projects simultaneously
- Prior VOC and strategic planning training and experience
- Office: Standard office equipment; work performed in an office setting working remotely or from a Xylem office free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel - up to 25% travel required, domestic and international.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $120k to $160k plus bonus. At Xylem, it is not typical for an individual to start at the top end of the range for the role however compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. We offer a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.