Accounts Payable Service Desk Team Lead - Americas
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Xylem has an exciting opportunity for a Team Leader to join our Global Business Services (GBS) Help Desk team. This position will support the Invoice-to-Pay tower and will report directly to the Global Manager, GBS Service Desk. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and highly motivated professional capable of working in a fast paced environment while collaborating with various business stakeholders in administering the day-to-day operation of Xylem’s Global Finance program.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Respond to escalations regarding a variety of vendor inquiries via telephone and email
- Resolve invoicing and payment issues through effective partnerships with internal and external customers, escalating as necessary
- Utilize the centralized ticketing system for requests and resolution
- Using a continuous improvement mindset, proactively make process improvement suggestions based on team experience and customer feedback
- Monitor the documentation of issues within ticketing system
- Effectively interact with other departments to provide solutions
- Promote and demonstrate a commitment to quality and timely processing of assigned tasks
- Adhere to department performance metrics as directed by management
- Abide by department policies and procedures, including SOX controls
- Recruit, train, coach and mentor support staff to achieve a high level of customer service
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or related fields
- 3-5 years of experience in a high-volume Accounts Payable environment
- Previous experience using invoice processing software
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral)
- Knowledge of Help Desk ticketing software
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Work may require lifting less than 35 lbs.
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required in certain situations.
- Will require travel to project sites.
- Employee must comply with all local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Florescent lighting, dust, recycled air, cooling fans, semi-enclosed areas, central heating, seasonal warmer temperatures and office noise
- Shop: In locations with a factory or shop floor, exposure to factory/shop and machinery.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: minimal
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.