Customer Service Representative
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Customer Service Representative, Document Technician for the Xylem-AWS-Lubbock, Texas facility. As a member of the Customer Service Team, the CSR will be responsible for providing general customer service support primarily focused on providing part and pump price quotes, processing part and pump orders and assisting with warranty claim and invoice billing issues.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Xylem’s Applied Water Systems (AWS) business and its efforts to provide products and systems for the efficient movement and use of water in homes, commercial buildings, light industry, agriculture and irrigation. Xylem employees share a passion for meeting the world’s needs by offering the best water solutions to our customers. Xylem seeks employees with the ingenuity, skill and passion to help solve the world’s water challenges. Learn more at www.xylem.com., and click on Our Brands with a focus on Goulds Water Technology.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Perform Customer Service Support functions as the first point of contact with the customer
- Develop costs and track margins for project orders
- Adhere to ISO9001 Customer Service Procedures and Work Instructions
- Maintain Quote Log and Production Order Log Tracking Database
- Utilize the ERP-LX (Order Entry) system
- Provide Part, Pump, Motor quotes to customers as required
- Assist with Warranty claim Processing
- Assist with Credit Memo / No Charge requirements
- Preparing the customer communication folder
- Perform Order Entry Processing and provide Order Status updates as required
- Process Change orders ( address changes, schedule date, carrier changes)
- Assist Xylem Sales teams with customer support activities
- Understand and perform Export Compliance tasks as required
- Interface with the customer to assist in resolving AR Collections Dispute Resolution issues
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High School Diploma + 3 years of experience in a professional office setting.
- Strong financial/accounting skills required, prefer a minimum of 1 year of experience.
- Problem solving skills and strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Develop and maintain a safe and well organized workplace, and ensure that all Best Practices and safety initiatives are followed.
- Strong short term project management skills required with an ability to prioritize tasks associated with multiple projects at a given time.
- Should have the ability to interface well with others and to take direction from others, as required.
- Prefer associates degree or some level of college experience.
- Must be knowledgeable in MS Office applications
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Safety protocols and PPE to be closely observed.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours with extended hours as required to meet customer requirements
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.