1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a technically skilled Database Administrator with very strong SQL scripting expertise. This position will manage all databases currently used for our applications. The main databases are Oracle, MSSQL and Postgres. This position requires maintaining integrity, availability, security and performance of the application databases. Can you envision yourself in a startup-like environment growing its smart infrastructure solutions portfolio? Join our team and bring your great ideas and energy to this critical role which impacts our business objectives while helping the world!
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Conducts in depth SQL Server database monitoring and performance analysis
- Troubleshoots highly complex system level issues that encompass system configuration, and software.
- Provide feedback to design and development engineering for database requirements as well as performance analysis
- Migrate data from one database to another. Understand the source and target schemas, and transform the data as needed
- Help troubleshoot our application upgrade failures. This means willing to learn some components of our applications
- Configure SQL Server Always on clusters would be a plus
- Knowledge of backup/restore functions
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Experience with MSSQL 2014, 2016 and 2019
- 3-5 years production experience.
- Strong SQL scripting experience required
- Fine tune database queries to improve performance.
- Experience with SQL Server Always on Failover Clustering preferred
- Troubleshoot and resolve security issues, connectivity issues, blocking & deadlock issues and performance issues.
- Detect and troubleshoot CPU, memory, I/O, diskspace and other resource contention.
- Work experience with SQL Server partitioning.
- Work experience with SQL Profiler
- Ability to develop plans for future storage requirements.
- Automation of MSSQL Server maintenance and alerting. Monitoring failed and long running MSSQL Server jobs.
- Ability to write automated shell scripts and complex queries.
- Should be a great problem-solver and possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Be willing to work off-hours and weekends, as needed, and participate in an On-call rotation.
- Willing to travel at short notice if required.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.