1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Plastics Engineer will be responsible for support of processes related to the Plastics Injection Molding Department.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- To support new injection molded part development
- To develop and assist in procurement of new manufacturing processes
- To support existing injection molding manufacturing
- To work as a member on Six Sigma teams
- To ensure safe manufacturing practices
- Assist in the resolution of quality problems
- Aiding in the design, manufacture, and maintenance of mold tooling
- Assisting mold setup personnel in new product tryouts
- Assisting mold setup and Quality Dept. with correcting product defects
- Investigating, specifying and developing new manufacturing processes
- Assisting in the procurement of new technologies and equipment
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- BS in Engineering
- 0-4 years of Plastics Injection Molding experience
- Experience in mold design, building, and maintenance of tools
- Machine shop experience preferred
- Experience with Scientific Decoupled Molding
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Moldflow Analysis
- Product Design and Development
- Ability to analyze Engineering drawings and assist mold designers with new mold specifications
- Ability to setup molding process specifications
- Ability to analyze molding defects using various gaging and possess the knowledge to troubleshoot the molding process to correct defects
- Have a working knowledge of ProE and AutoCad
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and with written communications.
- Ability to train others
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.