Application Engineer - Treatment Aftermarket M&C
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The position will be part of a passionate team that strives to provide consistent legendary customer service and to support overall company goals in relation to optimizing our commercial team, acting as One Company, and driving revenue and profitability. The Inside Sales Engineer position will require strong interpersonal and communication skills in collaborating with external customers and interdepartmentally within Xylem. Consistent, timely compliance and utilization of company policy, procedures and tools is important.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
• Develop technical depth and understanding of Xylem product and application knowledge.
• Provide Aftermarket rental, replacement and retrofit product and service selections and conversion kits and develop related quotations as necessary.
• Support to Xylem Aftermarket Territory Managers, Treatment 3rd Party Representatives, Equipment Owners, and/or other external customers by providing pre through post‐sales technical and commercial support with activities
including: basic level Application Engineering support to external and internal customers with design and proposal of our aftermarket portfolio of products and services; and related follow up work that includes product and services
selection, solicitation of vendor quotes, and customer quotation development.
• Respond timely to internal and external customer inquiries (technical requests, order status/updates, product availability, pricing, etc.) and/or resolve customer issues and other requests for information and/or proactively notify customers about order status and other changes.
• Daily utilization of Customer Relationship Management (CRM), quotation and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tools to input new data and maintain existing data to current status to support internal and external customer interactions and needs.
• Conduct equipment owner touch calls as necessary to support outside sales by investigating potential opportunities and effectively communicate the value proposition of Xylem’s organizational support and aftermarket product and
• Lead or participate in special projects to create best practices, improve processes, and create training tools or to support Xylem initiatives as determined and conduct related presentations or training sessions.
• Provide support as requested for the education and training on software tools, products, services, process flow or general customer support to other inside sales support positions.
• Create legendary customer service experiences for internal and external customers.
• Fulfill light project coordination for equipment upgrades and refurbishments including a full range of support from oversight of schedule and communication with all related Xylem departments and external customer and may
include update of technical manuals, order execution and follow‐up based on quotation, sales agreements, contract specifications.
• Participate in engineering calls, jobsite startups & troubleshooting, and external customer product education as needed.
• Handling in overflow from other sales support positions at local office as necessary, including but not limited to tasks such as technical support, quotations, phone handling, project technical manuals, and order fulfillment. Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required
• 1‐3 years of successful inside sales and applications experience, preferably to municipalities, industrial customers, and contractors
• Demonstrated understanding of mechanical, electrical, and controls equipment and engineering fundamentals
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Excellent collaborative and communication skills (written & oral)
• Excellent attention to detail, organizational skills & task management
• Legendary customer service skills
• Six Sigma Green Belt candidate interest
• Experience in Electrical and Controls technology including various PLC and HMI hardware platforms and communication protocols
• Proficient in Adobe Pro
• Familiarity with product and service selection tools
• An in‐depth understanding of CRM, quotation and ERP order entry tools and the ability to navigate the systems effectively and efficiently
• Passionate about water and the environment
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
• Light lifting (20‐45 pounds), office environment
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel requirement:
20%, or as required to fulfill the duties listed above. Other travel as needed or required by the company may include international travel for training.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.