Senior Continuous Improvement Specialist
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
This position is accountable for leading cross functional projects designed to analyze and design workflows that improve efficiencies. Interfacing with other departments to identify improvement opportunities and sharing best practices.
Skills & Experience
- Lead cross-functional, complex projects designed to analyze and design sequence of operations and workflows to improve efficiencies.
- Conducts studies pertaining to cost control, cost reduction, inventory control, and production record systems.
- Develop and implement plans and programs for facility modifications and revisions to operating methods and tools to facilitate an Improved Customer Experience."
- Interfacing with other departments to identify improvement opportunities to drive high quality and efficient processes
- Mobilizing Problem solving teams and supporting groups to streamline processes to drive clear business improvement.
- Facilitate Kaizen events to drive continuous improvements in operations and office areas including effective preparation and follow-up"
- Participate on multiple projects and apply continuous improvement techniques leveraging Six Sigma and Lean methodologies to solve problems (DMAIC) and build new capabilities.
- Share best practices and develop coordinated plans.
- Be a change agent: challenge organizational leaders to drive continuous improvements; remove organizational barriers to continuous improvement processes.
- Partner and work closely with customer facing teams and business functions (HR, Finance, IT, Customer Support, Product Management, Engineering, Product Development).
- Experience delivering tangible productivity results via transactional excellence projects.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- BS/BA Degree or Equivalent
- 5+ year of successful leadership in executing continuous improvement / Lean / Six Sigma efforts and enabling efficiency, effectiveness, and tangible financial benefit
- Black Belt certification required Lean or Six Sigma
- PMP/Agile training or certification preferred (Project / Program experience is acceptable alternative)
- Hands-on and demonstrated experience with continuous improvement programs including employment of lean and / or Six Sigma tools and methodologies
- Facilitated or participated in at least 2 separate weeklong kaizen events while performing proper preparation and follow up
- Demonstrated successful project management experience and acumen
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Demonstrated experience with ensuring effective Change Management development and execution
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: 25%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.