: Manufacturing & Maintenance Engineer
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Manufacturing & Maintenance Engineer
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Through a local partnership, Xylem is in the process of establishing a production facility in Egypt, where selected product lines of the Xylem portfolio will be locally manufactured.
We are looking to hire a skilled maintenance engineer to install and maintain industrial equipment for our clients. As a maintenance engineer, you will be required to install new equipment, conduct routine maintenance, and troubleshoot equipment faults on site. You may also be required to remove old equipment and train staff on equipment operating procedures.
The Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for the installation and maintenance of industrial equipment such as those used in the aviation, medical, and manufacturing industry. Maintenance engineers perform routine equipment maintenance, troubleshoot issues, and make on-site repairs when needed.
To ensure success as a maintenance engineer, you should have extensive knowledge of industrial equipment, the ability to work well under pressure and demonstrate high-level problem-solving skills. An outstanding maintenance engineer should be able to service, troubleshoot, and repair equipment without causing extended equipment downtime.
Main goals are:
- Working closely with safety, quality and production team on problem solving and providing technical solution for machine selection
- Selecting equipment & tooling according to safety guidelines, quality requirements, and productivity targets
- Planning for maintenance activities, inspecting equipment and conducting routine maintenance.
- Reporting performance indicators and compliance to maintenance plan
- Managing tooling and equipment calibration according to plan
- Servicing and replacing old or faulty equipment
- Troubleshooting equipment malfunctions
- Submitting business cases for old machinery & utilities replacement versus refurbishment
- Leading new machine & utility installation, proving technical support and training on new equipment
- Developing detailed layout for equipment, process, workflow and implementing layout changes based on safety and productivity requirements
- Documenting activities related to EM & PM, then perform analysis for spare parts planning
- Responding to customer callouts
- Adhering to all safety and performance regulations
Internal: reporting sales companies, regional management, HQ management, Tiba
External: customers, distributors, consultants, industry governing authorities & regulators
REQUIRED SKILLS / EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ years’ experience in manufacturing environment.
- Experience in CNC, cranes, , and other utilities equipment’s, with excellent knowledge in electrical and mechanical troubleshooting
- Proven work experience as a maintenance engineer.
- Knowledge of EPA and OSHA guidelines.
- Advanced knowledge of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and heating systems.
- Ability to read system schematics.
- Understanding of safety and equipment procedures.
- Key competencies: Driving for results, managing through systems, problem solving, communication, composure and time management skills
- Ability to tolerate high level of stress
- Fluent Arabic speaker. Good command of English language both spoken and written.