Continuous Improvement Manager
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Continuous Improvement Manager to drive the development and implementation of Continuous Improvement projects consistent with and in support of the strategic plan and business operating plans. Work with leaders to identify, modify, and sustain desired changes including reducing waste and improving inefficiencies. Lead projects and initiatives from idea generation to strategic execution. Own the Lean Maturity assessments and improvement initiatives for the site. Partner with Site Leaders on strategy and deployment objectives.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Drive the development and implementation of Continuous Improvement projects consistent with and in support of the strategic plan and business operating plan.
- Documents and works with Controller to validate achieved LSS Savings.
- Assist in designing new procedures and methods for operational processes.
- By utilizing projects charters with deliverables, will work with leaders to identify, modify, and sustain desired changes including reducing waste and improving inefficiencies.
- Mentor employees to realize benefits from all continuous improvement initiatives and act as a change agent to the site/organization.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement via idea generation and prioritize improvement opportunities with the management team.
- Lead projects and initiatives from idea generation to strategic execution. Provide strategic insight and evaluation of the organizations progression.
- Act as a mentor for the Continuous Improvement leadership, supervisory staff and front line personnel.
- Participate in developing and influencing strategy, planning, and execution depending on project or initiative needs.
- Lead goal setting, assignment of projects, review of progress, approval, and feedback for direct report(s).
- KPI goal setting with the site via semi-annual Business Assessment, reporting and leading site reporting for KPI’s. Monthly updates on LSS resource, engagement, activities, etc.
- Own the Lean Maturity assessments and improvement initiatives for the site. Partner with Site Leaders on strategy and deployment objectives.
- Be a change agent: challenge organizational leaders to drive continuous improvements; remove organizational barriers to continuous improvement processes.
- Develop, implement and monitor Lean training initiatives.
- Aid in the development of the LSS strategy in the business
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- BS/BA Degree or Equivalent
- 5 to 8 year of successful leadership in executing continuous improvement / Lean / Six Sigma efforts and enabling efficiency, effectiveness resulting in demonstrable tangible financial benefit
- Lean Master or Six Sigma Black Belt certification strongly preferred.
- Experience guiding team progress for continuous improvement projects/programs.
- Experience designing, implementing and leading continuous improvement projects/programs.
- Must have thorough understanding of cycle time reduction, waste reduction, yield improvement, productivity and throughput improvement.
- Hands-on experience using Operational Excellence and Continuous Improvement methods (LEAN, TPM, Six Sigma, TQM).
- Proven leadership skills to coach and lead teams to fully deliver chartered objectives and projects.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Be a self-starter with excellent organizational skills in planning and organizing to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Ability to coach / mentor / inspire direct reports
- Advanced problem solving capabilities, attention to detail and numerical aptitude.
- Demonstrated experience with ensuring effective Change Management development and execution
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Shop Floor: Typical manufacturing Facility that includes assembly, machining, painting & packaging and warehouse.
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.