Sr. Financial Analyst
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots; 2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
Sensus, a Xylem brand, helps a wide range of public service providers – from utilities to cities to industrial complexes and campuses – do more with their infrastructure to improve quality of life in their communities. We enable our customers to reach farther through the application of technology and data-driven insights that deliver efficiency and responsiveness. We partner with them to anticipate and respond to evolving business needs with innovation in sensing and communications technologies, data analytics and services. Learn more at sensus.com and follow @SensusGlobal on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, to hire a Financial Analyst in the Sensus North America Finance Planning and Analysis organization. This position is responsible for supporting the operational and finance leaders in making strategic, operational, and tactical decisions.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Work with operational and finance business leaders as a business partner focused on forward looking results
- Work with business leaders and operations to develop budgets and execute operational plans that meet corporate growth expectations
- Develop and load forecasts and drive improvements to forecasting procedures
- Work with Operational partners to develop annual budgets
- Analyze monthly financial results that drives good decision making on future results
- Identify opportunities to drive revenue, optimize margins and reduce cost
- Communicate results to business leads, operational teams and Sr Director of Finance
- Prepare monthly financial and operational reporting packages
- Track and determine the impact of cost savings and continuous improvement projects
- Perform business modeling as needed
- Perform ad-hoc management related requests and analysis
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Thorough understanding of standards under U.S. GAAP
- Proficiency using Excel to summarize and analyze data including use of pivot tables
- Proficiency using PowerPoint to illustrate and communicate financial results
- Problem-solving, analytical skills and the ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously
- Position requires high attention to detail and a desire for continuous improvement
- Individual will be self-motivated and has experience working with multiple teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and a professional attitude and demeanor
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work both independently and collaboratively, manage multiple projects, and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: 10% or less
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.