Vice President, Marketing
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Your Role: The Vice President, Marketing, ACT will lead the businesses strategic direction across major verticals (Water Utilities, Industrial, Building Services and Rental & Services), channels, brand management, marketing communications and digital lead generation in order to drive increased revenue growth, profit, and long term strategic positioning. By identifying key business, marketing, and partnership opportunities this individual will lead a team to grow existing market share.
This role is looking for results oriented and a strategic thinker with the ability to formulate marketing plans and clearly map out the critical success factors in delivering against the plans, yet demonstrate and drive detailed execution. Through strong leadership, this individual will lead a team of high performing industry marketing professionals that develop, own and execute on their strong marketing plans and strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
•Leads the development of comprehensive growth market plans across major segments (Water Utilities, Industrial, Building Services and Rental & Services). Ensures plans are specific, actionable and encompass go-to- market strategy, channel analysis, competitive landscape, value proposition, product needs, key accounts, service, and specific growth actions.
•Develops and implements robust processes to gather market data and indicators, assess market share, establish performance metrics, and build and integrate stronger voice of the customer insights.
•Manages a training team that develops and delivers training for the sales force and customers on products, applications, new product introduction, and value proposition
•Works closely with product management, innovation & technology and sales teams to align strategies and drives new business in order to achieve short and long term revenue and profitability goals
•Develops market-specific lead generation capabilities
•Works closely with sales to assess and evaluate the channels of distribution to devise appropriate channel marketing strategies pertinent to the existing and targeted customer base, and to improve overall results
•Enhances and builds brand awareness in order to capitalize and leverage the company's competitive advantage - brand equity, and product value and quality
•Ensures timely adjustments to changing markets and competitive conditions through continuous analysis of market reaction and customer contact
•Instills an atmosphere of creativity and innovation that drives growth and innovation while embracing Xylem’s values
•Success in this position will be measured by Sales growth, new product sales, leads generated, etc.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
•Bachelor’s Degree in Business or equivalent required
•12+ years of related experience
•Proven ability to use advanced data analytics to drive and support strategic objectives
•Critical thinker with strong writing, communication, presentation development and delivery skills
•8+years of experience building and managing high performance teams
•MBA with a focus in Marketing or similar field preferred
•Product Management Experience a plus
•Ability to travel 25%
Most Important Competencies
- Collaborates effectively within own team and across functional, business, geographic, and cultural boundaries to develop and execute on market plans. Demonstrates willingness to work with others, share information and insight, and leverage different points of view. Proactively shares perspective and needed information with others in a timely, honest, and direct manner, while leveraging the skill, knowledge, and experience of others to create value added solutions, and helping others achieve their goals.
- Demonstrates understanding of the sales context and go-to-market strategy and enables the sales force to succeed: asks question and listens carefully to ascertain sales readiness as well as needs and wants, building trust through positive interactions and timely provision of information. Develops an effective strategy for engaging the sales force, and executes it through compelling marketing communication and education forums/tools (e.g. websites, presentations, training, technical documentation, sales collateral, as appropriate), including compelling internal and external customer/partner training, taking into account product/service and segment promise, value proposition and audience needs, and motivates the sales force to use them while ensuring tools are perceived as effective and successfully generate new opportunities.
- Strengthens Xylems Marketing capability by building a team of highly motivated, goal oriented employees with strong marketing skills. Works with employees to establish timely and measurable performance and development goals and holds the team and individuals accountable. Identifies employee development needs and provides coaching tailored to each need, dealing effectively with difficult performance issues while actively developing high potentials. Ensures organizational sustainability: Builds a “bench” of high potential successors and ensures a ready pipeline of talent for key roles.
- Drives development of market strategies by seeking out, identifying and making effective use of customer, market and product analytic and pricing data, uncovering new markets and areas of opportunity: researches opportunities and gaps using multiple sources of market intelligence including sources from sales management systems (e.g. CRM), social media and other on-line sources, the sales force, customers/partners, other functions as well as formal market research.: Demonstrates a clear understanding of who the decision-makers are and what drives customer buying decisions, including understanding their business, market, balance sheet, processes, technologies, etc.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: 25%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.