Senior Project Manager
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Xylem is seeking a disciplined and organized individual with an environmental or civil engineering background to manage Xylem key water industry client projects. This position offers the opportunity to join Xylem’s driven, contrarian, creative experts in their endeavor to use high tech tools and SaaS deployments to solve age-old infrastructure problems.
You will lead complex projects across the world using your expert project management skills, water industry technical knowledge, and your passion for client success. You will plan and maintain project scopes, budgets, schedules, identify and mitigate risks, and communicate goals and results with project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices and time zones, and you are adept at keeping all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
Xylem’s team is hyper-focused on the use of big data, artificial intelligence, and the Internet of things to implement Intelligent Urban Water solutions, primarily for water utilities. Xylem’s team has clients worldwide, and is seeking to disrupt the status quo and drastically advance the water industry. This team’s mission is to help utilities save money and save the planet by dynamically managing water and wastewater infrastructure.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Work with team members to deliver projects on-time, on-budget, and on-scope.
- Operate effectively in a SaaS business environment by managing internal expectations as well as balancing business objectives with client goals
- Serve as project manager for overall project delivery (cost, schedule, scope, quality, contracts) and ensure project delivery for a variety of hardware, software and professional service projects
- Maintain project management tools for project tracking, billing, and revenue forecast projections.
- Serve as technical interface with clients, business managers and commercial teams and provide direction to the engineering and product management teams. Coordinate activities with engineers in other disciplines (environmental, civil, electrical, and software).
- Prepare and review work products.
- Convey project results and findings to clients by means of oral discussions, presentations and written project documentation.
- Present optimization concepts to utility managers and clients.
- Actively contribute to the refinement and development of new product features and service offerings by working closely with product development team.
- Make complex, cutting-edge ideas understandable and exciting to utility managers and clients.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Graduation from a four-year university with a major in engineering, water and wastewater, asset management, or related field.
- A certificate of registration as a Professional Engineer issued by the local state/country authority a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in working with public utility companies at planning and operation management levels, preferred.
- Must have education/experience and accountability for cost control and profit targets and managing a project budget.
- Experience with developing and managing projects and programs, scheduling and implementation with ability to plan, assign, direct and coordinate a variety of functional specialties with overlapping work areas a plus.
- Experience with managing engineers, suppliers, and sub-contractors a plus.
- PMP certification a plus.
- Familiarity with agile methodology a plus.
- Organized, disciplined and focused approach to project management.
- Ability to bring structure to a project while incorporating creativity and innovation into the solutions.
- High emotional intelligence, with enthusiastic and innovative mindset to solve solutions and have an impact on client projects and team collaboration
- Excellent communication skills to express complex ideas to professionally diverse audiences.
- Exposure to and open to learning different approaches and software for project management.
- Experience with taking ideas from concept through to completion in accordance with program objectives.
- Passion for Client Success and team impact.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills.
- Ability to quickly develop working knowledge of Xylem’s value propositions.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of project delivery methods, team building and client relationship building
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- May work in outside weather conditions and be exposed to varying weather conditions
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Must be able to travel as required up to 30%
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.