Director of Distribution
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Under the direction of the Vice President of Sales for AWS Americas, The Director of Distribution is responsible for determining strategic vision for our Customer Distribution Centers, delivering financial results and achieving operational excellence as set by the business plan. Articulates, develops, and implements a comprehensive distribution strategy that best supports aggressive brand development in support of Go-to-market channels throughout the U.S. from our CDC facilities in Southaven, MS, Fresno, CA, and Lake Mary, FL. Follow through to ensure that complete, accurate and timely shipments reach customers in the most efficient and cost-effective manner possible. Implements related policies and procedures as needed.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Leads and provides operational guidance to the Branch Center Managers in Lake Mary, FL and Fresno, CA to execute their local business plans. Ensures that individual goals and objectives are aligned with cascaded AWS goals. Coaches the Branch Center Managers to reach their respective sites productivity and inventory accuracy goals. Insure that we are implementing similar processes and metrics through collaboration and influence.
- Understands the needs of a global customer base and aligning the CDC’s to meet those needs; ensures alignment with and follows-up on the implementation of corporate business plans and strategies.
- Establishes distribution operational strategies by evaluating distribution trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing distribution systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change. Establish world class distribution processes based on the lean principles and includes establishing reporting systems to provide feedback for continuous improvement.
- Direct and oversee the work of the Southaven, MS Distribution Center team to meet all production goals of the various division product lines in the timeliest manner. Leads, prepares, and executes local business plan and strategy to increase market share.
- Develops distribution financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Represents the company and its values in its relationship with major customers, suppliers, commercial and investment group and professional organizations. Participate as a key member representing sales channels and customers, and leading enabling activities to drive customer intimacy, (e.g. ERPLX, Fusion, Oracle and others).
- Implement corporate people strategy within the CDC’s and build a strong culture to support continuous improvement behavior. Fosters an environment of accountability and collaboration where there is cross-functional execution within the CDC’s.
- Analyze present and future resource needs across the CDC’s to meet the demands of the business. Planning includes resource planning, facilities planning, and equipment planning to support future growth. Manage and act as resource for staff, assign tasks, follow-up to ensure deadlines are met, conduct performance feedback sessions, act as mentor to team, and solve employee issues.
- Coordinate activities with all other functions of the organization and suppliers to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, IT and equipment.
- Foster a team environment that provides extraordinary service for our channel partners and customers resulting in a lasting customer service experience.
- Assure safety levels are maintained at the highest levels. Investigate EHS compliance issues and work to resolve issues/mitigate risks.
- Coordinate with Sales Departments to insure a high level of support to company initiatives
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics, Operations or Supply Chain Management, or related field required; Master’s Degree and certifications in Operations Management, Logistics and Supply Chain preferred
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in operations/sales from a warehouse environment or other multi-site distribution oriented business
- Strong project management and influencing skills with the ability to work effectively and implement solutions in a team environment. Ability to gain consensus across multi-functional areas
- An individual with proven results in improving core operating competencies while contributing to the growth strategy of the company
- Experience creating and implementing continuous improvement to reduce costs, improve efficiency or streamline processes
- Experience with developing key performance indicators (KPIs) to drive operations and financial objectives
- Strong proficiency in utilizing WMS, WCS, LMS and ERP systems
- Experience in optimizing operations in a multi-channel environment
- Strong tactical operations management experience
- Understanding of strategic role Distribution Centers play in customer experience and Supply Chain
- Able to interface with all levels of the company
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: 50%
EOE including disability and veteran