Associate Product Manager
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Environmental Solutions Segment of Xylem Analytics includes advanced water quality and quantity technologies used in industry-leading outdoor water sampling and monitoring instrumentation. The Associate Product Manager: Environmental Solutions is responsible for supporting the Segment’s product lines and strategic marketing plan.
The Associate Product Manager will work with the Environmental Solutions Segment team to support the strategy for the product. Some major responsibilities include working with the marketing teams to develop content to support the marketing campaigns, conducting market and competitive research, interfacing with customer support and internal teams to resolve customers’ technical issues with products, assistance with the creation and delivery of pre- and post-sale product support material (manuals, videos, spec sheets, etc.). The Associate Product Manager supports all stages of the product life cycle, from Voice of Customer, concepting, product definition, development through discontinuation. A critical function of the role is to work directly with product managers to support growing the product line.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Support the Environmental Solutions Segment business and marketing plans.
- Support business reporting on Key Performance Indicators and other business goals.
- Provide monthly and quarterly reports on the status of programs and initiatives.
- Full understanding of the product line capabilities, value proposition and technology to be able to clearly communicate that to our customers and selling partners.
- Generate and assist with the development of technical marketing materials (content/sales tools) to support product launches, sales and marketing activities. Examples include: demonstration videos, web assets, webinars, presentations, application and technical notes, product literature such as catalogs, specification sheets and brochures.
- Develop training materials and provide product training to customers, external teams and distribution partners
- Assist with website management, including updating and maintaining web content based on Search Engine Optimization data
- Technical writing, for example: manuals, quick start guides, sales enablement, user interface documents, blogs, etc
- Assist with product, market, and competitive research
- Keep sales, marketing and other company personnel informed about the product line, competitive activity and potential new business opportunities.
- Maintain updated information in internal sales and marketing systems and selling partner systems.
- Create new sales opportunities through proactive efforts with major customers and continuous marketing intelligence gathering. Includes attending and participating (presenting) at conferences, tradeshows and industry events.
- Participate in regular Voice of Customer exercises that will help identify, define and prioritize new product development projects that result in products with features that truly meet customers’ needs and solves their problems.
- Provide a detailed review of products and features during development and clearly communicate feedback to the team.
- Accept other tasks as necessary that are assigned by the Segment manager or other managers.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Four-year college degree in Science/Biology, Engineering or Business with a technical background.
- Experience working in a technical, professional environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills – samples of high-quality writing may be submitted with application.
- Comfortable using business technology
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Customer service oriented - Proven ability to work constructively with customers.
- Strong business acumen
- Persuasiveness - Ability to create enthusiasm around ideas.
- Ability to interpret/analyze data and translate findings into strategic planning information.
- Ability to perform as both a strategic thinker and tactical planner
- Comfortable operating as part of a cross-functional team that includes marketing, technical, administrative and operations team members
- Highly adaptable to change, as Xylem is a rapidly growing enterprise
- Technical training/experience in relevant applications is preferred
- Experience selling or using scientific analytical instrumentation, with preference given to water quality and hydrology experience
- The Candidate should bring an awareness of the global challenges we face regarding environmental water quality and be highly motivated to serve a customer base that takes these issues seriously.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work performed in an office setting working remotely or from a Xylem office free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel - up to 25% travel required, domestic and international.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.