Senior Financial Analyst
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Senior Financial Analyst. This position is responsible for providing financial support for achieving performance goals. Provides overall financial support for new initiatives, contingency planning, KBMs, inventory/cycle time reduction, sales and margin analysis, process improvements, budget/strategic plan agenda items to maximize financial and operational performance. Assists as required and prepares special ad hoc financial analysis and presentations for management.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Support the overall AWS Morton Grove Manufacturing Operations through understanding of the performance and forecast for the six operations sites. (Key result: All variances from forecast, budget and prior year can be adequately explained, and improvements that can be made to enhance future forecast accuracy).
- Support overall coordination of the budget, strategic plan, and forecasting activities understanding the year over year changes.
- Active participation, driving understanding of manufacturing spend, performance, productivity, savings initiatives
- Develop and implement productivity and efficiency in finance processes to make greater time available for support of operational improvement initiatives.
- Develop process improvement initiatives in respect to multi-site financial reporting
- Monthly analysis for MG leadership
- Support to Operations team on Productivity, Performance, and Site metrics
- Support Project Management and Sales teams with reporting and analysis on sales and margin
- BU Site Review Support
- Headcount Cost/Control
- Alignment of Fcst/Budget/Operational Plan with Functional Leaders
- Goal Deployment Support
- Ad hoc reporting
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or financial/accounting with +5 years of business experience
- Experience working in large Manufacturing- oriented organizations
- Business Objects and/or similar database query skills (preferred)
- Prior experience with Oracle and OneStream (preferred)
- Must have a working knowledge of United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (“US GAAP”)
- Extensive experience and skills in Business Objects
- Must have the ability to engage business process owners in a direct yet professional manner, thoroughly evaluate business processes, and quickly identify potential control gaps.
- Requires demonstrated skill in written and oral communications and interview skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and financial reporting skills.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized. Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: 0% - 5%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.