Channel Account Manager
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The Channel Account Manager is responsible for the growth of Xylem products through Channel partners (rep or distributor) in their market vertical within a defined region. Work with the Sales Management and Channel Partners to achieve maximum market penetration and sales of the Xylem Solutions. This also involves the AC Custom pumps, Flygt, and Godwin. The employee will work closely with the channel partners to grow Transport, Monitoring & Controls and Treatment business. Comprehensive understanding of all Muni and Industrial markets within the region. Provide Information & Assistance to the Product Development / Marketing departments on New Product Releases.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Build and develop positive working relationships with the Channel partners to maximize solution sales within customers
- Manage existing partners and recruit new partners for market growth
- Manage and effectively negotiate distributor/rep contracts; update contracts with necessary changes when needed
- Coordinate with partners to identify key sales opportunities to generate revenue growth
- Collaborate with appropriate product line managers and marketing to provide product training to partners and inform them about the complimentary services offered
- Resolve partner related issues and sales conflicts in timely fashion and by adhering to Xylem policies
- Perform periodic business reviews and recommend improvements
- Develop partner specific sales and marketing plans to increase market share
- Effectively use our CRM tool to manage daily sales activities, maintain sales records and reports with partners to achieve revenue objectives, work with management to develop scorecards, KPIs etc.
- Develop joint business plans with the channel partner principals and senior leadership to mutually agree with the business objectives
- The business plan must include Revenue Goals, Targeted Accounts, Growth of Major Trade Area’s, Etc.
- Assist Marketing in defining new Markets and Product Opportunities.
- Assist and Train the channel partners to efficiently use our selection tools and select the right products based on the application
- Keep Management advised of competitors’ activities in a given Territory / Region.
- Make prospecting calls with channel partners to end customers, EPC firms, engineering accounts etc.
- Attend appropriate trade shows and related events to expand market knowledge of products and trends within the industry.
- Effectively motivate non-reports to implement Strategies.
- Ability to Coach, Strong Work Ethics, Risk-Taker, Accountable, Manage by Prevention, Distributor Conflicts, Timely submittal of required reports, Organization, Able to make Decisions, Ability to Work Independently
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor Degree or Preferred B.S. degree Mech. Eng.
- Minimum of 4 Years Field Sales Experience
- Channel Management Experience required; Wastewater/Pump industry preferred
- Good communication, organization skills , and computer literacy,
- Thorough knowledge of consultative/value based selling.
- Managing sales funnel using CRM tools
- Leadership Managerial Competencies
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Superior Oral & Written Communication
- Basic computer, fast-track market developer, managerial, interpersonal, broad knowledge of vertical market (Transport, Treatment and M&C) industry, trade associations, codes/standards, presentation skills, and excellent technical capabilities.
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Light lifting, office environment
- Must occasionally lift/ transport up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Shop/Job Site: Daily Exposure to warehouse/shop. Exposure to undesirable field elements at treatment plants or contractors site.
- Standard weekly hours: 40+
- Travel: 50-75%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.