1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Project Manager. The Project Manager will lead cross functional teams to deliver projects. The PM will be accountable for the safe delivery of projects that meet financial commitments and keep clients satisfied. This would be inclusive of project initiation, planning, execution, monitor and control, and close out of concurrent projects. The PM holds accountability for the health and overall financial wellness of the project. The PM will partner with the field delivery teams subcontractors and technical experts to ensure we have appropriate technical expertise allocated to each project. Finally, the PM will be the key contact for clients to resolve project related requirements and concerns. The PM will engage technical stakeholders as required.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Facilitate meeting with client to review and define project scope, schedule and budget and obtain additional documentation as required.
- Accountable for the financial health of all projects based on contract terms inclusive of project charter, schedule, budget, accurate forecasting and accruals while owning approved project margins for each project.
- Develop project execution plan that reflects/encompasses the scope, schedule, budget, and risks defined in the proposal.
- Facilitate (internal) project kick off meetings with critical stakeholders ensuring adequate representation from business development, subject matter experts, field delivery personnel to review customer requirements.
- Primary point of contact with clients and third-party subcontractors; will enable open lines of communication between client, sub-contractors and field delivery to ensure technical success of the project.
- Lead and mentor the project team in accomplishing the projects goals, while keeping the project within budget and on schedule and ensuring the safe execution of a quality project.
- Accountable for reviewing contract terms and implementing change orders as required; if scope creep exceeds a typical change order, will escalate to business development Manager and Manager of Project Management
- Keep internal and external stakeholders informed of project activities and deliverables, will flag unanticipated risks quickly to ensure appropriate risk mitigation strategies are implemented
- Adhere to company project management processes, quality standards, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and company safety programs.
- Create accurate invoices and change orders; submit to clients in accordance with standards, Work in progress (WIP) and Accounts Receivable (AC) are key KPIs for the project Manager.
- Prepare for and facilitate internal and external closeout meetings and lessons learns.
- Accountable for adhering to project document control processes ad to ensure project files are complete for future reference.
- Ensures safe work practices and SOPS are implemented throughout the project life cycle.
- Ensure client report have completed the appropriate technical and quality reviews prior to on time delivery to client.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Post-Secondary education in applicable Engineering discipline with 5 years of relevant work experience or High School Diploma with 10 years of relevant work experience.
- Pursuit of Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Experience with Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle, preference given to experience in Pipeline construction, Cathodic Protection (CP) systems, tool tracking and depth of cover surveys.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Proven ability to make decisions that are based on analytics/facts/observations and adhere to standard operating procedures/policies
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Business acumen
- Preference will be given to experience managing projects across USA and Canada.
- Experience working directly with customers/clients.
- Able to ensure project deliverables are compliant with all applicable codes and standards, both internally and externally.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Safety, Environment, and Quality.
- Excellent team leadership skills and experience; prior indirect/direct supervisory experience an asset.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Energy resources allow modern society to function and PureHM is a trusted partner with pipeline operators in bringing those resources safely to market. The economy, communities and individual citizens rely heavily on these resources to maintain a desirable standard of living, whether they realize it or not. Pipelines are the safest way to deliver energy; companies that own these pipelines make crucial decisions every day to ensure their product is delivered safely and efficiently, with the least amount of risk to society and the environment. A large percentage of pipelines are constructed near watersheds such as creeks, rivers and lakes, creating an unavoidable connection between water resources and energy, which poses an increased risk to pipeline operators.
PureHM gives pipeline companies confidence that they are doing everything in their power to deliver energy in the safest, most reliable way. Our best-in-class technologies and service quality provides the actionable information needed to reduce risk, by identifying problem areas, reducing unnecessary repairs, and prolonging asset life, while balancing fiscal responsibility.
PureHM, a Xylem brand, provides solutions for regulated inspections of the pipelines that deliver these energy products. Using these solutions, we give pipeline companies confidence that they are delivering their products as safely and efficiently as possible. Using our best-in-class technologies, we provide operators with the actionable information needed to identify problem areas, reduce unnecessary pipeline repairs, and prolong asset life. Ultimately, we help you ensure that energy pipelines are fit for service.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development– To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards– We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks– Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Specific vision requirements include the ability to view a computer monitor, spreadsheets, documents and other reports for extended periods of time.
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We foster a positive, equitable and progressive workforce and are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. We will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process. If you require any accommodation during the application and hiring process, please contact Human Resources, Christy Walsh at [email protected].