Director, Product Management - Global Hydronic CBS Americas Product
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Director, Product Management - Global Hydronic CBS Americas Product. This role will lead the effort to define and execute global growth strategies for our Global Hydronics & CBS and HVAC Bell & Gossett products for product development, value optimized design, emerging market localizations, SKU rationalizations.This leader will also be directly involved and influence product channel strategy and geographic expansion. Key business/portfolio metrics are orders, sales, standard margin, and new product sales. The incumbent also has the responsibility to lead, coach and build the capabilities of a team of product managers and regional segment managers. Core products; Centrifugal Pumps, Circulators & Accessories, Steam Products, Engineered Specialty Products, Controls, WasteWater Pumps, and Boosters. Annual revenue ~ $400 million USD.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Implement and drive strategies to achieve global revenue and standard margin goals for the assigned product lines and market segments
- Develop and execute the global segment strategic growth plan and product roadmaps through a value based segmentation and alternatives analysis, including new product development, emerging market expansion, value optimized design, SKU rationalization and potential acquisition opportunities.
- On an annual basis, deliver the segment strategic plan and product plans to business unit leadership, and on a regular basis, update the team on the progress of the plan’s execution
- Identify and assess emerging technology opportunities and trends, and fold into the global product segment strategy, new product development and acquisition pipelines as appropriate
- Gather and provide segment intelligence to Xylem for our competitors
- Work closely with sales leadership to foster and optimize existing channels and develop new routes to market
- Define and execute a segment-based marketing communication product strategies with our regional vertical marketing teams.
- Engage with industry associations and professional organizations and feed relevant trends and information back to the organization
- Leverage partnerships with regional sales teams to develop and deepen key account relationships and channel partnerships
- Engage in identifying and closing significant order opportunities
- Recruit and develop talent within the global business unit organization, including product management and regional segment leaders
- Mentor other individuals within the global segment organization including product management and regional segment leaders.
- Function as a member of the extended AWS leadership team
- Regularly attend monthly operational reviews and goal deployment meetings
- Sales Channel Representative Council Meetings
- SIOP Leadership and Participation to communicate & establish Market/Product/Channel Needs
- Strategic Planning Involvement and Core Element Execution.
- Driven by the need to understand and meet the expectations / requirements of customers, both internally and externally. Proactively builds strong relationships across the customer network.
- Assertive in the pursuit of change goals
- Interpersonal effectiveness - Flexible use of accomplished interpersonal behaviors that facilitate in building trust and engagement amongst others whilst reducing the opportunity for conflict.
- Willing and able to handle difficult conversations in a positive manner.
- External: Customers, Representatives, Industry Associations, Media
- Internal: Finance, Operations, Quality, Engineering, Commercial Teams, Senior Leadership
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- BS Engineering, Business/Marketing or Technical Degree. (Masters of Business Administration Preferred)
- Deep customer facing experience, and a track record of building and expanding customer relationships
- Drive Change Management initiatives, intelligent risk taking while managing risk, managerial courage and willing to make hard, fact based decisions - comfortable with ambiguity
- 15+ years of experience implementing strategy and managing substantial product line revenue & margins
- Prior global/international business experience; must be knowledgeable, adept, and proactive in identifying, developing, and capitalizing on international opportunities, both from sourcing/ manufacturing/supply chain, and sales/market/customer/business development standpoints
- International assignment or significant international business experience preferred
- Demonstrated track record of management of Global NPD projects (ownership) and new product sales generation
- Organizational Agility/Influence/ Leadership and ability to work across countries & functions
- Excellent interpersonal, team building, delegation, and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Experience with lean manufacturing concepts, process improvement, six sigma and new product development is preferred
- Ability to lead through a matrix and manage global teams
- English fluency required and multi-lingual capability preferred
- Ability to travel as needed
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Cross-boundary collaboration
- Developing capability (for people manager)
- Inspiring accountability
- Leading people & teams (for people manager)
- Cross-boundary/cross cultural communication
- Customer solution orientation
- Breaking Down Complexity
- Driving for Growth
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Customer Responsiveness & Intimacy
- NPD Methodology Stewardship
- Planning & Process orientation
- Project leadership
- Solution design
- System thinking
- Technical-problem solving
- Compliance Stewardships
- Sales strategy and planning
- Managing Change
- Market Knowledge
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.