Mechanical Engineer II
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Mechanical Engineer II-Design for the Xylem-AWS-Lubbock, Texas facility. As a member of the Customer Service Team, the Mechanical Engineer II-Design will provide engineering assistance to both internal and external customers, and supports planning, organizing, and preparation of the sales support and production drawings and manufacturing bills of material. Provides motivation and guidance to involved personnel in the production of engineered-to-order projects and supports continuous improvement in all endeavors.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to succeed in a fast-paced fluid environment, while ensuring that engineering and data management protocols are maintained. If you are industrious, detail- and customer-oriented, we want to hear from you!
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Prepare layouts, assembly, and detail drawings for new and improved products.
- Analyze various design requirements and recommend possible solutions or alternate construction.
- Create/modify Bills of Materials.
- Verify integrity of design using applicable engineering analyses and calculations.
- Support job specific submittal document creation.
- Other duties as assigned by the Commercial Manager.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- S. in Engineering discipline, problem solving skills and strong written and verbal communication skills required
- BS in Mechanical Engineering with strong fluids/machinery/CAD background preferred.
- Develop and maintain a safe and well organized workplace, and ensure that all Best Practices and safety initiatives are followed.
Provides product design input and recommendations to engineering for performance and production improvements.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of mechanical engineering technology.
- Shall possess an aptitude for good analytical skills and the ability to organize and implement engineering tasks.
- Should have the ability to interface well with others and to direct, and take direction from others, as required.
- Must be knowledgeable in MS Office applications
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Medium lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see employees on a daily basis.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Safety protocols and PPE to be closely observed.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours with extended hours as required to meet customer requirements
EOE including disability and veteran