Business Development Associate - PureHM
Energy resources allow modern society to function and PureHM is a trusted partner with pipeline operators in bringing those resources safely to market. The economy, communities and individual citizens rely heavily on these resources to maintain a desirable standard of living, whether they realize it or not. Pipelines are the safest way to deliver energy; companies that own these pipelines make crucial decisions every day to ensure their product is delivered safely and efficiently, with the least amount of risk to society and the environment. A large percentage of pipelines are constructed near watersheds such as creeks, rivers and lakes, creating an unavoidable connection between water resources and energy, which poses an increased risk to pipeline operators.
PureHM gives pipeline companies confidence that they are doing everything in their power to deliver energy in the safest, most reliable way. Our best-in-class technologies and service quality provides the actionable information needed to reduce risk, by identifying problem areas, reducing unnecessary repairs, and prolonging asset life, while balancing fiscal responsibility.
PureHM, a Xylem brand, provides solutions for regulated inspections of the pipelines that deliver these energy products. Using these solutions, we give pipeline companies confidence that they are delivering their products as safely and efficiently as possible. Using our best-in-class technologies, we provide operators with the actionable information needed to identify problem areas, reduce unnecessary pipeline repairs, and prolong asset life. Ultimately, we help you ensure that energy pipelines are fit for service.
The Role: PureHM seeks to hire a Business Development Associate who will work with its broader business development team to generate new opportunities for its Oil & Gas pipeline integrity, assessment, inspection and monitoring solutions within the western US region. This role will be responsible for outbound calls, follow-up and support with potential clients, estimates, proposals, bid responses and performing site visits for proposal development. Great potential for self-motivated and dynamic business development professional with a passion for working within the oil & gas pipeline industry.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Build extensive product knowledge from both a technical and client benefit perspective
- Prepare and facilitate client presentations as needed in support of business development managers and key account managers
- Prepare and facilitate project estimates as needed in support of business development managers
- Assist with strategies and proposals for pipeline assessment projects
- Work interactively with engineers, planners, and scientists in support of proposal development
- Work directly with clients to understand and meet their expectations and generate opportunities
- Assist with pricing strategies and overall proposal preparation for key account managers and business development managers
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certifications:
- Self-motivated, ambitious and confident
- Honest, ethical and forthright with clients
- Must work cohesively and collaboratively with multiple departments/levels and with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Energetic, driven and able to build a ‘trusted partner’ relationship with clients
- Exceptional organizations skills and ability to follow up on a large volume of client requests
- High School Diploma or GED, Bachelor’s degree is a plus
- 2 years of business development or sales experience (technical sales or consulting engineering firms in the O&G pipeline market is a plus)
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience working directly with internal and external stakeholders
- Must be able to travel up to 35%
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Remote work options available
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Further, if the Company determines this role may be performed in or from Colorado, the salary range is $70,000 to $80,000 USD. Final compensation will be dependent on various factors such as location, qualifications, certifications, relevant work experience and other factors, consistent with applicable law. We offer a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.