Director, Sales Operations
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions.
For more information on how Xylem can help you, go to www.xylem.com
The Role: We are seeking a Director of Sales Operations to partner with the North America Sales leaders to define and execute against our strategic priorities and business targets. This role will drive predictability in reporting and analyzing business trends as well as participating in strategic planning for the business. The ideal candidate is process oriented, has broad technical skills, strong financial acumen and deep analytic background to assist the Sales teams in creating efficiency, assessing performance and reporting & delivering results.
This position will be responsible for managing the rhythm of the business activities such as Monthly Business Reviews, Quarterly Business Reviews, and other cadenced reporting and metrics. The position will assist the Sales Managers in evaluating and forecasting attainment against targets, utilizing various CRM tools to derive well-vetted analysis, and other ad-hoc requests and analysis as needed. This position will also be responsible for generating commission plans, managing the territory and calculating commissions.
The successful candidate will need to collaborate effectively with internal end-users and cross-functional data teams to solve problems, implement new reporting solutions, and deliver successfully against high standards. This individual is a person that has a proven work ethic and a continuous improvement mindset that can lead a team to successfully deliver the desired results. This is a hands-on position - the ideal candidate must be able to motivate and inspire their team. The individual must have the ability to operate in a fast paced environment and communicate effectively across multiple business segments, geographies and functions.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Manage the development of continuously-evolving forecast models and methodologies, budget processes and owning the quantitative analysis of the performance of our sales team, customers, prospects, partners, markets, and products/services.
- Manage the monthly cadence of business reporting for the business segments.
- Proactively monitors and strives to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy and process consistency in the sales organization’s planning efforts that can be easily accessed and used proactively for actual and forward looking data.
- Supports the assignment of sales targets and ensuring allocation to all sales channels and resources to ensure channel management excellence.
- Proposes channel rationalization in order maximize our sales performance and efficiency.
- Recommends data-backed decisions on pricing.
- Ensure accurate and timely sales commission calculations and payments. Provides input to senior leadership in the development of sales incentive compensation programs.
- Maintains the master file of channel contracts and works with the Sales Management set and monitor annual goals for these channel contracts.
- Manage the pipeline in the CRM to ensure usage and ability to leverage data. Monitors the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales reports and other intelligence essential to the sales organization. Recommends revisions to existing reports or assists in the development of new reporting tools as needed.
- Assists sales management in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies. Facilitates an organization of continuous process improvement. Implements enabling technologies, including Salesforce, to field sales teams. Monitors the assigned sales organization’s compliance with required standards for maintaining Salesforce data. Works closely with sales management to optimize the effectiveness of the Xylem’s technology investments.
- Coordinates training delivery to sales, sales management and sales support personnel in the sales organization supported.
- Develop relationships and processes, partnering with Sales, Finance, HR, Marketing and other stakeholders to continuously improve upon reporting and analysis capabilities
- Assist Sales Managers in all aspects of evaluating their teams’ performance.
- Applying a continuous improvement mindset, Identifies reporting issues, gaps in processes, and drives timely resolutions.
- Prepare ad hoc analysis & participate on projects as needed.
- Identify geographical strengths and weaknesses in certain offerings and manage communication to the appropriate Sales Leaders.
- Assists sales management in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies. Facilitates an organization of
- Additional duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a technical discipline like Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or Computer Science with an MBA preferred.
- 10 or more years of experience working in the field of sales management, marketing or engineering.
- Exhibits sound business judgment, a proven ability to influence others, strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership, leading data-driven analyses, and influencing results
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a track record of presenting to senior management
- Able to operate successfully in a lean, fast-paced organization, and to create a vision and organization that can scale quickly
- Highly organized, have multi-tasking skills, and efficient in ambiguous situations
- Proven track record of change management, building and sustaining effective teams, inspiring commitment to organizational vision, mission and objectives and delivering results
- Proficient in databases including Customer Relationship Management databases.
- Proficient in MS Office.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- Light lifting, office environment
- Must occasionally lift/ transport up to 30 pounds.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Travel: As required to fulfill the duties listed above. Other travel as needed or required by the company.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.