Operations Leadership Development Program
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Operations Leadership Development Program is intended to develop talented leaders within our sourcing, purchasing, planning, manufacturing, continuous improvement, warehouse, shop floor, scheduling, and logistics functions.
While in the program, Rotational employees will acquire the skills and abilities needed to lead a team and to continuously improve our Operations functions. With this leadership development focus, Rotational team members will be set with higher expectations during and after the program. Deep, diverse experience is critical to the future success of program graduates.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Our program consists of three 1-year assignments starting at one of our Xylem sites
- The 3rd year’s rotation will be with an International facility! (Europe, Asia, or Mexico)
- Upon successful completion of the program, a new/advanced role will be identified based on your performance in the 3 years and your preferences on location taken into consideration.
- The three 1 year rotations will be in three different focus areas.
- Focus areas include: Sourcing, Purchasing, Planning, Scheduling, Logistics, Operations, Transportation, Warehouse, Shop Floor, and Manufacturing Engineering.
- Site relocations between rotations are dependent on business needs and employee needs.
- Greenbelt, APICS CPIM certifications are encouraged and sponsored by Xylem throughout the programs rotations.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Operations related program (Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Lean Manufacturing, etc.) Cumulative GPA of 3.0 (“B” average”) or better in college.
- 0-2 years’ experience in a manufacturing or related environment.
- Open to expected annual Travel/Relocation
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.