1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots.
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Under the direction of a Project Manager (PM), Senior Project Manager (SPM), or the Manager, Project Management (MPM) the Project Associate will support the Project Management Office (PMO). They will assist with project management duties, with a primary emphasis on planning, resource coordination, and part ownership of tasks in the PM process. The Project Associate is responsible for gathering, distributing, and organizing information in relation to the execution of projects.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Supporting PM/SPM completing individual PM process steps for ongoing projects
- Submits and tracks requests for resources (both personnel and equipment)
- Manages project related documentation and platforms (e.g. AX and Teamwork) by ensuring all necessary materials are current, properly filed and stored through the project life cycle
- With direction from MPM/PM/SPM compiles, maintains, and updates cost and project schedules for all assigned projects including margin analysis, project data reconciliation, and comparison of actuals to budget as well as forecast
- Completes administrative tasks including record keeping as part of the project management process
- Coordinates with Client Field Inspectors on project execution and logistics
- Provides and communicates project performance and schedules updates to stakeholders. Fields queries from external and internal stakeholders and coordinates responses.
- Ensure safe work practices and SOPs are implemented throughout the project life cycle
- Internally manages repetitive/cyclical projects such as asset monitoring projects maintaining their documentations, financials, progress through working with other project stakeholders
- May assume greater responsibility in managing projects and may serve the role of PM on projects with uncomplicated scope
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Post-secondary education with a preferred minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience; or High School Diploma/GED with a preferred minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience
- Basic knowledge of project management
- Time management skills with ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Strong organizational and communication skills (written and verbal), process-driven, with a disposition for continuous improvement
- Demonstrates strong or growing leadership skills
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit, stand or walk; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands and fingers, handle standard office equipment; and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision requirements include the ability to view a computer monitor, spreadsheets, documents and other reports for extended periods of time.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- May be required to travel to meet with clients or be present on worksite. Less than 25%.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.